Leaving my dogs at home - tips...

Leaving my dogs at home - tips...

Hi guys,

Any advice?

I'm starting to leave my dogs at home for a short period (a few hours, one day a week). I'll be getting a neighbour to check in on them, too.

But, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Things like should I buy toys, keep them in one room, let them have the entire house?

I'm feeling quite unprepared for the do's and don'ts.

Thank you...

if the dogs are housebroken and not destructive there is no reason they can't have the run of the house. When you go don't say anything, just leave, if you baby them and tell them you are leaving it could upset them, when you get ready to leave they will know, they will see you pick up your keys or put your shoes on ect, they will know when they see you getting ready to leave they'll know. Don't fuss over them ect, just leave.

You could get them something special like an antler to keep them amused for a while, give them the antler only when you are leaving, this will give them something to look forward to when they see you getting ready to leave. Get bigger antlers, ones with the points on them, a small flat one could slide down their throat and choke them.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.