Penny at Halloween

Penny at Halloween

she went to a costume party, she was Sally the rag doll from nightmare before Christmas. I love this picture

https://pix.sfly.com/jsrcZ1
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Cute Linda, how is Penny doing these days?

She is doing good, she still has to go for infusions once a month but since she's been having them she hasn't been hospitalized and she feels good, she's gained a little weight and she changed jobs, she is now working for two plastic surgeons. If they get really shorthanded she'll take a shift now and then with hospice. She needed a break from hospice and the prison still calls her once in a while and asks if she'd be interested in going there full time. But for the plastic surgeons she is only 9 miles from home vs. 30+ at hospice and she works only every other weekend so she is much more relaxed and its a totally different setting, rich people wanting cosmetic surgery not people dying all the time.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda, good to know she's doing better and changed jobs, wish the best for her.

once in a while she still does a shift in hospice, they want her back, have offered her more money, an extra week of vacation, but she likes it where she is but good to know she'll never have to worry about a job. And recently she got her NH nursing license, strange how with a NH license you can work in Mass but with a mass license you can't work in NH. But now she's got both so she can work pretty much anyplace she wants,

Good to know she has job security and she's happy. That is weird about the license thing, she's smart to get both.

She didn't know about the license thing until my mom was in hospice and Penny offered to take some vacation time and stay with her but they said no because she was not licensed in NH.

Linda it's great to hear Penny is doing so much better. I'm sure changing jobs helped her health too. Cute photo of her in her Halloween costume
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Penny spent 4 years in hospice, it was time for a change.

Bless her for working in hospice, I don't think I could do that, especially for four years.

She worked in a veterans hospital, as fast as one bed was empty another patient took his place. She worked 12 hour shifts 11 pm to 11 am. Sometimes more depending on how much staff they had and of course always shorthanded.

It may have been just as well she wasn't able to care for mom, she would have been emotionally involved. Before my friend Kathy died she would come over every night before she went to work and gave her a shower and changed her bed ect. Once Kathy actually went into hospice she only lived a couple of days. Penny goes above and beyond for her patients, they all loved her, the families all loved her and her old boss is always calling her asking her to come back

She worked in a veterans hospital, as fast as one bed was empty another patient took his place. She worked 12 hour shifts 11 pm to 11 am. Sometimes more depending on how much staff they had and of course always shorthanded.

It may have been just as well she wasn't able to care for mom, she would have been emotionally involved. Before my friend Kathy died she would come over every night before she went to work and gave her a shower and changed her bed ect. Once Kathy actually went into hospice she only lived a couple of days. Penny goes above and beyond for her patients, they all loved her, the families all loved her and her old boss is always calling her asking her to come back

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.