Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pictures of the Rainbow Bridge

Some of the pictures I had not seen before. Thank you, CatMom. It is a strange thing that the pictures on the net generally show the animals crossing the bridge by themselves, whereas the variants of the "Rainbow Bridge" story/poem relate the pet waiting for its caretaker, and then the two of them cross the bridge together.

For anyone that hasn't read the variants of the Rainbow Bridge story, they can be seen at https://do-animals-have-souls.info/rainbow-bridge.html

My favourite by far is "The Rescuers' Rainbow Bridge" by Benny Archuleta. It always puts a lump in my throat, even after many readings.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    Some of the pictures I had not seen before. Thank you, CatMom. It is a strange thing that the pictures on the net generally show the animals crossing the bridge by themselves, whereas the variants of the "Rainbow Bridge" story/poem relate the pet waiting for its caretaker, and then the two of them cross the bridge together.

For anyone that hasn't read the variants of the Rainbow Bridge story, they can be seen at https://do-animals-have-souls.info/rainbow-bridge.html

My favourite by far is "The Rescuers' Rainbow Bridge" by Benny Archuleta. It always puts a lump in my throat, even after many readings.
    There is a good variety here. Another poem, "When Tomorrow Starts Without Me," comes to mind when I see the angel with a cocker spaniel.

I have read several versions of The Rainbow Bridge, including the original one reportedly written by William Britton.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

I even found a sequel poem here: http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/sequel.htm

So here I am looking for images of the poem itself, and I find this:

Some of them are irresistible. Often I wonder if similar images can be merged. But the most important thing is your imagination. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE RAINBOW BRIDGE?

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I have read several versions of The Rainbow Bridge, including the original one reportedly written by William Britton.
    CatMom, I don't know whether you have seen the following web pages, but they give a good outline of the disputed authorship of the Rainbow Bridge poem. Both Paul C Dahm and William Britton have made copyright claims - but it is difficult to know who is right, or indeed whether someone else wrote it. That is why on my website I prefer not to enter into disputed territory. If authorship is disputed, then it not known for certain:
    https://mysendoff.com/2013/09/the-le...w-bridge-poem/
    and
    http://petsupports.com/A10/rainbow001.htm

For me, it is the concept behind the story which matters, rather than the author's identity. I expect that you feel the same way.

As to your question about whether one should "believe" in the Rainbow Bridge, well, I can only give you my own take on that. My own astral experiences have shown me that there is indeed a reception area where pets "wait" to be reunited with their beloved caretakers. I put the word "wait" in speech marks, as of course time as we know it does not exist on the astral. So for a pet, if a caretaker arrives forty years later, it will seem like it has happened in the blink of an eye.

Not all pets go to this reception area (Rainbow Bridge). Some have caretakers who have already passed before them, in which case they are greeted at the gateway by their human(s). Sometimes pets go family members of the caretaker (e.g. a parent of the caretaker, who also knew and loved the pet) and are cared for by them until such time as the caretaker passes over.

The Rainbow Bridge is a moving piece of writing, but it is poetic in nature and so was never designed to be taken literally. But it has given comfort to countless grieving pet caretakers.

I know that your thread was about pictures of the Rainbow Bridge, so apologies if I have strayed from the original purpose. I just wanted to respond to what you asked.

Your comments are appreciated. Yes, it is more of a comfort thing for people whose pets die before their turn comes. I think it is important to think about how pets are still alive today - young, happy, and healthy again, and these pictures (or any others you may have seen) are very helpful in accomplishing that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.