Two Faced Chimera Cats

Arrow Two Faced Chimera Cats

See more photos HERE.

Watch out Venus, there’s a new two-face in town! This is Quimera, a gorgeous gata from Argentina whose unusual features are taking the internet by storm.
    Quimera may be what’s known as a Genetic chimera, a rare natural occurrence whereby an individual is made up of cells from at least two different original eggs. They fuse together to become a single organism, whose DNA is from two completely different individuals.

However she may be also be a mosaic, much more common in felines, which is only one individual egg that just happens to have different active genetic expressions in its cells. Only DNA testing would give the answer.

Either way, she’s just gorgeous! Her blue eye especially appears like some kind of precious stone, bright and beautiful and an utter contrast to her other eye. The colour split continues down her chest to her front legs, with the sides reversed.

I never saw such a cat before and am amazed at how beautiful they look! Has anyone here ever seen one in real life?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I don't remember ever seeing one, but they are unique and beautiful.

Most cats with one blue eye are solid white. That trait on a torby (tortoiseshell/tabby) alone makes her unique.

We don't need genetic testing to determine she is a beautiful little girl!
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.