shih tzu only poops every 3-5 days

shih tzu only poops every 3-5 days

Never mind
    Last edited by cchanel13; 11-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.

get some metamusil cinnamon cookies, that's fiber and most dogs love cinnamon, just give her one square. That should make her go, also you can add one spoonful of cooking oil on her food,

Dogs will not starve themselves, put the food down, if after fifteen minutes pick it up and offer her nothing else until the next meal. She's spoiled and playing you.

I feed raw but just chicken is not a balanced diet. I suggest you grind the chicken, bones and all, add 1 t of missing link for skin and coat, that is all the vitamins and minerals she needs, also if you can get her to eat it, mix the ground chicken with 1/4 cup of honest kitchen mix with equal amount of warm water, let it set until it thickens and mix that to the chicken, that is all the fruits and veggies she needs.

she is going to hold out at first but ignore her, when she gets hungry enough she'll eat. She won't starve herself but by you giving in to her and coaxing her to eat she knows if she waits long enough you'll feed her. For her own good you've got to tough it out.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Nevermind

If you have to feed her then you have to feed her. As far as it being normal not to have a bowel movement if she isn't eating much there isn't much to come out, what doesn't go in doesn't have to come out. But at least try the metamucil cookies, that will give her some much needed fiber and most dogs love cinnamon

Have you tried feeding her what you eat? My dog eats raw but she still eats with me, guess she figures if its good enough for me its good enough for her.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.