Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a decision to make, opinions???

I have a decision to make, opinions???

https://pix.sfly.com/Zj5Vka

My daughter called me a little while ago and asked if I want her for Christmas. a little snow leopard bengal girl. I don't worry about Phoenix or my bengal but I don't know about the siamese and she would be another female
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh Linda, how adorable! If it's not too much work for you, I would take her. How old is she, looks like a tiny baby, maybe there wouldn't be a female jealousy at that young age? I don't know, not sure. You're a smart lady to make that big of a decision, but it would be hard for me to say no.

she is ten weeks old, I don't think the problem would be with her its nanny I worry about, I have to make a decision soon before someone else buys her
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

My first two cats were both girls and they got along great. The next cat that came along was a boy and Emily did not like him at all, but he was Patricia's best friend. Why would two girls together be a big issue?

BTW I don't like the phrase "buying a cat." That undermines the fact they are family members.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

if the girls were brought up together its one thing but adding another is another issue, the siamese is territorial, she's the one I'm concerned about

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    if the girls were brought up together its one thing but adding another is another issue, the Siamese is territorial, she's the one I'm concerned about
    Emily was two years old and Patricia was seven weeks when they met.

How much living space do you have to temporarily separate them?

if the girls were brought up together its one thing but adding another is another issue, the siamese is territorial, she's the one I'm concerned about
    If Nanny is very territorial, then maybe it's not the best idea. You wouldn't want the kitten to be attacked or unwelcome, I understand your concern Linda, it is real and only you can make that final decision. Nothing is guaranteed.

I know, I don't want the little girl to get hurt and I would never get rid of one to get another, so nanny leaving is not an option. If I could take her on a trial basis and see how it goes I'd do that but that is not an option either. and I'd hate my daughter to pay $1000 for her and not be able to keep her or for the others to hurt her

Why can't your daughter keep a kitten she paid $1,000 for?

she didn't get it yet, she asked me if I wanted it for a Christmas gift, she has two cat and three dogs of her own,

I know, I don't want the little girl to get hurt and I would never get rid of one to get another, so nanny leaving is not an option. If I could take her on a trial basis and see how it goes I'd do that but that is not an option either. and I'd hate my daughter to pay $1000 for her and not be able to keep her or for the others to hurt her
    Oh no, I would never want you to get rid of your Nanny, she's really a sweet girl. A trial basis would be ideal, but I knew that wouldn't be an option, it rarely is. Nice of your daughter to offer that gift, but you're wise to consider the reality of adding a new little girl to your home.

This is one reason why people should not get pets as Christmas gifts. Not whether you want a pet or not, but if adding a furkid to the family at that time is feasible. It is a shame if you can't put a new cat and Nanny together, but your heart will guide you.

I've decided not to take the kitten, I wouldn't want nanny to hurt her, maybe she wouldn't but I'm not going to take the chance, a little kitten is defenseless and I just can't take the chance. There are two males also available but that wouldn't work either, Orri is pretty laid back but a new male cat in the house could start him spraying, he never has and its not something I want to start and deal with. I had him neutered at 5 months to avoid any spraying problems but even through he's neutered he still has a nose and he'd know the kitten was a male. Maybe its best to leave things as they are, everyone gets along so why start something that may not end well

I've decided not to take the kitten. I wouldn't want nanny to hurt her, maybe she wouldn't but I'm not going to take the chance, a little kitten is defenseless and I just can't take the chance. There are two males also available but that wouldn't work either, Orri is pretty laid back but a new male cat in the house could start him spraying, he never has and its not something I want to start and deal with. I had him neutered at 5 months to avoid any spraying problems but even through he's neutered he still has a nose and he'd know the kitten was a male. Maybe its best to leave things as they are, everyone gets along so why start something that may not end well
    So what will happen with the kitten?

Personally I think five months is too late to neuter a tomcat if you can do it earlier. The longer he has testes, the more likely he is to start spraying.

The kitten is with her breeder, she won't have any problem selling her to someone else, kittens always find homes, its when they get older and not kitten cute that people dump them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.