Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a decision to make, opinions???

Is the problem her age or does Nanny attack any furry invader?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

I've decided I'm going to take her, going tomorrow to see her and no doubt will bring her home with me. I explained the situation and she feels it won't be a problem, she thinks the worst that will happen is the big cats might swat at her but she says she's never had any that actually attack each other. So we shall see. She will be 9 weeks old on Friday
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That must have been a hard decision Linda, I hope everything works out fine after they're introduced and you see to it that Orri and Nanny aren't jealous of the new family member. Good luck, please keep us posted.

After I take Phoenix for her run we'll head down to get her, its 75 miles away so we should be there between 10:30 and 11. Because she is a Christmas present and a snow leopard bengal I've decided to name her Sandy Claws. Now I need to go to the store and get a disposable litter box to put in the crate with her, just crate until the other two get her scent and get the growling and hissing over with. The breeder has two large dogs so she shouldn't be afraid of Phoenix and I don't worry about Phoenix hurting her. I'm a little uncertain of Nanny but I'm confident I can make things work out. I will post pictures for you to see her
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I've decided I'm going to take her, going tomorrow to see her and no doubt will bring her home with me. I explained the situation and she feels it won't be a problem, she thinks the worst that will happen is the big cats might swat at her but she says she's never had any that actually attack each other. So we shall see. She will be 9 weeks old on Friday
    That is wonderful Linda! I thought you were going to decline the offer.

Sandy Claws, that is a purrfect name. (See what I did there?) But it seems more like a Thanksgiving Day gift because of the timing.

Here she is

Awww, she is adorable.

So cute!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Sorry to be jumping in late but I wish you all the best with her Linda. Paying a breeder all that money when shelters are overflowing is just not for me. But she is a cutie and I'm sure you'll make it work.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Sandy Claws, cute Linda! You've got the experience to make it work, good luck, hope everyone is happy and content in your home.

I have a rescue, my siamese is a rescue, but I love my bengals. I realize they all need a home but if you ever get a bengal you see they are not quite like any other cat. This little girl will be my third bengal

I have a rescue. My Siamese is a rescue, but I love my Bengals. I realize they all need a home but if you ever get a Bengal you see they are not quite like any other cat. This little girl will be my third Bengal.
    Bengals are beautiful cats. Whoever got the idea to make spotted domestic kittens who love being around people was brilliant. I like the darker one in the video better, but show Bengals are very cute too.

Did you get Orrie from the same breeder?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Sorry to be jumping in late but I wish you all the best with her Linda. Paying a breeder all that money when shelters are overflowing is just not for me. But she is a cutie and I'm sure you'll make it work.
    We will soon see how it plays out but I've always used a large wire dog crate to introduce newcomers to each other, this way she can look around and the others can see her, I expect the big cats to growl and hiss but they usually get over that in a day or two. I prefer male cats but I don't want Orri to start spraying so getting him a little sister is better. The goal is to have them all playing together and getting along. Will stop at a store on the way down and get her a new bed and some baby toys, the breeder is going to give me some of the food she is used to but I will transition her to what the others eat. Just wondering if Orri will allow her in his chair with him, sometimes he lets nanny in the chair with him other times he pushes her out. Its so strange the way he took that rocking chair that was my mom's, no one is allowed to sit in that chair, if he's not in it and you sit in it he will jump on you and bite you. He doesn't even want you to sit on the foot stool that came with the chair.

We will soon see how it plays out but I've always used a large wire dog crate to introduce newcomers to each other, this way she can look around and the others can see her, I expect the big cats to growl and hiss but they usually get over that in a day or two. I prefer male cats but I don't want Orri to start spraying so getting him a little sister is better. The goal is to have them all playing together and getting along. Will stop at a store on the way down and get her a new bed and some baby toys, the breeder is going to give me some of the food she is used to but I will transition her to what the others eat. Just wondering if Orri will allow her in his chair with him, sometimes he lets nanny in the chair with him other times he pushes her out. Its so strange the way he took that rocking chair that was my mom's, no one is allowed to sit in that chair, if he's not in it and you sit in it he will jump on you and bite you. He doesn't even want you to sit on the foot stool that came with the chair.
    It is the cat's chair. They just let you borrow it.

Why do you prefer tomcats? I have read they are more affectionate than queens, but there was no explanation given.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.