Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sandy Claws is home

Sandy Claws is home

the pictures aren't to good as she moves, active little girl, already figured out how to escape from the crate and she climbs to the top of the crate like a little monkey looking for an escape route

https://pix.sfly.com/ihXGsk

She seems to like her new bed

https://pix.sfly.com/2SSwpb

150 mile trip to go get her and the Thanksgiving traffic was horrendous but she is home

Orri and Nanny hissed at her and she hissed back at them,
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Awwwww, she's so cute!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Furballs&dogbones View Post
    Awwwww, she's so cute!
    I said that out loud before reading your post.

ConCATulations Linda. Is that your husband holding her?

The only time I like kittens in crates is when they climb the bars like little monkeys. Good to know she is doing that.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Does she know her name yet?

Here is a Bengal clip art image:

A lot going on in your household now Linda, glad your new baby is home....and guess it's good she hissed back, at least she's not completely fearful and shy, which would be a problem. She is a cutie!

cat mom, that is my son holding her, and no she doesn't know her name yet, but she will

Orri is mad at me, he wouldn't sit with me, just flicked his tail and walked away when I called him, he'll come around but this little girl is active, she already managed to get out of the crate, Its a big crate for a big not, the holes are not small enough to contain a small kitten, but I used duck tape and taped up the larger holes on the bottom, so now she's climbing up the sides and walking upside down on the top trying to figure a way out. I took her out and held her and fed her, she ate good, I played with her a little and Alex has been playing with her now she's tired and is sleeping in her bed. I stopped at a store on the way home and bought her a new bed and she seems to like it. It was a 150 mile round trip to go get her and the traffic was terrible, even on the highway there were delays. Glad to be home. Very soon the other cats will adjust to her and the crate will be put away again. Phoenix shows more interest in her than the cats do but that's ok, they'll come around.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

LOL That's a new one for me, an upside down cat. Take pictures of her doing that.

Of course Phoenix is better right away. Dogs are less territorial than cats. Nanny and Orri just think the new kitty is an invader. But why is she hissing at them?

this is the best picture I've taken of her so far, I had opened the door to the crate to bring her out for a while but she was busy watching Orri on the other side of the crate, she did decide to come out and I held her and she was snuggly until Nannie jumped in the chair and hissed at her, she hissed back and Nanny didn't try to hurt her, just hissed. In a week or less they will all have adjusted and hopefully getting along

https://pix.sfly.com/tdgxgP

That is a very cute picture of her! Looks like Nanny is not as bad as you were expecting. They just might get along.

I think they'll adjust too Linda in a week or so, everything is VERY new now for all of them....you too! Cute picture!

How long will you keep her in the crate?

not long, when stop hissing and growling at each other then I will let them interact, if all goes well she won't be in the crate anymore. Usually takes about a week

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    not long, when stop hissing and growling at each other then I will let them interact, if all goes well she won't be in the crate anymore. Usually takes about a week
    I could not confine Wilbur that long. He wanted to play at 2:00 a.m. so after only two days I let him out of my bedroom.

She isn't in the crate all the time, I've taken her several times and played with her and fed her twice. She has a healthy appetite, hasn't touched the dry food but sure loves the wet stuff. The crate is a safe place for her, she can't get hurt and they can all see each other and get used to her being here.

Wet food is better for her anyway. What is she eating?

Soon enough they will be playing paws under the door.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.