Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sandy Claws is home

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Catmom Sandy will probably try to chew the plastic and digest it which could be serious so Linda's idea of using cloth is better.
    Good thing Sandy has a canine friend to help out.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

she is the most active kitten I've ever had, I put a blanket over the gate and she climbed up the blanket, I have a kitchen towel hanging on the door by the sink, she used that as a rope and climbed up to the counter, from there she managed to get up to the cabinet and knocked out some can goods. She is taking a nap in her crate but that won't last long, as soon as she sees anyone in the room she'll start screaming to get out then climb the crate like a ladder, luckily the top is solid or she'd be able to get out of it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh man but I guess that's the Bengal breed plus kitten energy added to the mix but the climbing like a monkey is wild. How are Orri and Nanny today with her?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Nanny isn't bad, she is not hissing at her but bengal is still furious, he just looks at her and hisses then he goes in my room or in his window box, doesn't want anything to do with her but he'll get over it. But I wouldn't trust him alone with her, he might try to hurt her. So unless someone is here to watch her she will have to be crated but usually someone is always here. After she had her lunch she went back in the crate on her own, the door was open and still is but she is napping, probably storing up energy and when she comes alive you'll know it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Understandable to be jealous of the new kid on the block. I'm sure everyone will get along (or at least tolerate each other) after awhile. It just takes time and patience.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    she is the most active kitten I've ever had, I put a blanket over the gate and she climbed up the blanket, I have a kitchen towel hanging on the door by the sink, she used that as a rope and climbed up to the counter, from there she managed to get up to the cabinet and knocked out some can goods. She is taking a nap in her crate but that won't last long, as soon as she sees anyone in the room she'll start screaming to get out then climb the crate like a ladder, luckily the top is solid or she'd be able to get out of it.
    That is why I suggested a trash bag. Daisy climbed up my bedding and desk chair.

I can't picture the door you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Nanny isn't bad, she is not hissing at her but bengal is still furious, he just looks at her and hisses then he goes in my room or in his window box, doesn't want anything to do with her but he'll get over it. But I wouldn't trust him alone with her, he might try to hurt her. So unless someone is here to watch her she will have to be crated but usually someone is always here. After she had her lunch she went back in the crate on her own, the door was open and still is but she is napping, probably storing up energy and when she comes alive you'll know it.
    Funny that Orri is the one having a problem with the kitten, I also thought it would be a female sex thing. I think Orri just needs more time to check her out and see she's no threat to him or the family. He might be a little jealous, but I'm sure he'll get over it like you say. Bet that little one is keeping you on your toes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Funny that Orri is the one having a problem with the kitten, I also thought it would be a female sex thing. I think Orri just needs more time to check her out and see she's no threat to him or the family. He might be a little jealous, but I'm sure he'll get over it like you say. Bet that little one is keeping you on your toes!
    I don't know what the gender issue would be, but I'm glad there isn't one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.