Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

we are making progress

we are making progress

Orri is coming around, last night he tried to attack her but got squirted and stopped. Today I was playing with her with a piece of phone wire (she has toys but loves the wire better) I was moving it and she was attacking it and he was in his chair watching, all of a sudden he jumped off the chair and grabbed an end of the wire and started playing with us. Not a giant step but I'll take the baby steps, he didn't hiss at her and I think he actually enjoyed it. Poor Phoenix is getting the brunt of the play, she was laying kind of in the middle and the kitten reared up and pounced on her nose. She looked startled but didn't react, good thing she likes cats and now there are three she has to take care of
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

LOL What cat does not want to play with the wrong "toys" in the house? When Daisy had mice she played with jigsaw puzzle pieces and cough drops. But I would try to keep a telephone wire away from a Bengal kitten.

Does Orri understand why you squirted him? Or was he just distracted by the water?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

That is good progress Linda, hugs and kudos to your Orri.

I don't know if he associated the squirt with his actions but today has been better so it didn't hurt. And the wire is not connected to anything, just a piece of white coax wire, nothing to hurt her. She is such a sweetie, she actually jumped in my lap earlier, didn't stay long (to much stuff to get into), typical bengal, always on the go
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I don't know if he associated the squirt with his actions but today has been better so it didn't hurt. And the wire is not connected to anything, just a piece of white coax wire, nothing to hurt her. She is such a sweetie, she actually jumped in my lap earlier, didn't stay long (to much stuff to get into), typical bengal, always on the go
    I read cats do not make the squirt bottle association. If Orri stops when he is squirted, then fights with Sandy again later, it is just a distraction to him and you won't get anywhere by making him wet.

whatever works, he is not going to attack her

I used the squirt bottle effectively when Loki was a kitten, to keep him from bolting out the front door. It didn't hurt him, but made him stop in his tracks and retreat back into the house.

How is Nanny doing with Sandy Claws?

I thought nanny would be the problem because two females but its Orri that gives me more trouble. Things were good all day then Sandy dared to get in Orri's chair, that didn't go well. He looked like he was ready for something so I picked her up and distracted her. No one is allowed in that chair even me. And he is still #1, I am not taking things away from him so she can have it, that's not happening

I thought nanny would be the problem because two females but its Orri that gives me more trouble. Things were good all day then Sandy dared to get in Orri's chair, that didn't go well. He looked like he was ready for something so I picked her up and distracted her. No one is allowed in that chair even me. And he is still #1, I am not taking things away from him so she can have it, that's not happening
    Awww, Sandy can't sit in that chair when Orri is somewhere else? What kind of chair is it?

its just a swivel rocker with a footstool, he has claimed the chair and even if he isn't in it and he sees you sit in it he will jump on you and bite you, he doesn't even want you to sit on the footstool, very possessive of the chair. Sometimes he will let nanny sleep in the chair with him but most time he will push her out

That is probably a boy thing because tomcats are more territorial regardless of breed.

And he is still #1, I am not taking things away from him so she can have it, that's not happening
    You're smart not to take things away from him that he's already used to having because of Sandy, he will just resent her then if you did that....things would get worse for sure.

she is a sweetie but Orri is my special boy. No one could ever replace him, he's still "top dog" around here. She has to learn, she's young and little and cute but she can't get her way in all things.

she is a sweetie but Orri is my special boy. No one could ever replace him, he's still "top cat" around here. She has to learn, she's young and little and cute but she can't get her way in all things.
    FIFY

His dominant purrsonality is probably what makes him so reluctant to accept a new girl in the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.