Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Boy Has Been Under the Weather for a Few Days Now

Unhappy My Boy Has Been Under the Weather for a Few Days Now

My cat has been in a slump, throwing up some clear bile and eating very little now. It's been several days, watching him closely to see if there's improvement. Yesterday when he threw up the liquidy stuff, there were some signs of fur in it, so I'm thinking hairballs might be involved....he has VERY thick fur. So I gave him some hairball medicine yesterday and today, also a little light olive oil.

It saddens me when my furkids aren't feeling well, hoping he gets whatever it is out of his system and regains his appetite and good mood. Not going to rush him to the vets, but will take him if i feel he's not getting better. He hasn't had anything unusual to eat, so not sure what sparked this.

One good thing is there's no blood in the vomit/bile, and it's not a dark yellow or greenish color, I think that would signal a worse problem. He's a big purrer, I just picked him up and he had just a faint purr that went to silence, I'm a little worried, going to keep a close eye.

I'd be worried also,he is not acting himself so obviously doesn't feel good. Hope he gets better soon.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda.

get him a bengal kitten, that would perk him up, someone to play with his own kind.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

No thanks Linda, he'll perk up when he's not ill anymore.

wouldn't you like a little bengal sister to play with him and drive big foot crazy?

One of the ways Patricia let me know her time on Earth was expiring was purring so softly I could barely hear her. She was a loud kitty for 19 years. So anytime people report this symptom, my mind instantly rewinds to the last week of December 2015. I wish she had clear bile instead of foamy vomitus at the end.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Sorry about your Patricia CatMom, she'll always be in your heart and those memories can really be bittersweet....hugs.

@Alpha1 I would say as always (you know me) get him to a vet. If he is not himself, something is going on. I know this sounds gross, but try to get a bit of his barf and and a stool sample in plastic bags and get him to a vet.

I had to do that with with my Monster years ago, turned out he had a bunch of IBS and we had to change his diet and then he was fine.

Alpha1 when a cat acts not normally, they are saying something is up. Pease get him to the vet.

Wishing you and kitty all the best with very much love,
    Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

Get well soon Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Sorry about your Patricia CatMom, she'll always be in your heart and those memories can really be bittersweet....hugs.
    Thank you. I wish I knew about this forum two years ago.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Oh I'm sorry to hear about Loki. Worries me too. Please keep us posted my friend.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Esme, today's the first day he seems a little better, he's in the back yard now with Bigfoot, he wasn't interested to go out for a couple of days now. If he needs to eat some fresh grass, he has it there. Last night I gave him a couple of tiny pieces of cheese and this morning a little freeze dried treat, doesn't look like he got sick at all last night or this morning. He's purring a little more like normal, so I'm hoping he's on the mend.

That's good to hear....we do worry so about our furkids
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.