Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Boy Has Been Under the Weather for a Few Days Now

signs are all looking up, maybe he got into something outside that upset his stomach.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Cheese and grass are not cat food. Have you tried giving him stuff cats are able to digest easily?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    signs are all looking up, maybe he got into something outside that upset his stomach.
    It's possible Linda, but I don't think so. I never use any chemicals or pesticides on my lawn or have anything that would upset his stomach that I know of. I joke that he's like Garfield sometimes, but he's a pretty picky eater and only eats certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Cheese and grass are not cat food. Have you tried giving him stuff cats are able to digest easily?
    Of course cheese and grass are not cat food CatMom, I think everyone knows that. But he does like cheese which is why I offered it to him. His stomach was empty because any regular cat food he was eating, he wasn't keeping down. So the cheese was a good idea, didn't cause upset and there has been no more signs of vomiting, also he seems to feel better today. Later he will get his normal meal, and I'll see if his appetite improved.

Grass is eaten by both cats and dogs when their stomach is upset, sometimes it helps them throw up whatever bad is in their system. I've seen all my pets at one time of another benefit from eating grass when they were sickly. In fact, they sell indoor grass for cats just for that purpose, I bought it years ago but never could keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Of course cheese and grass are not cat food CatMom, I think everyone knows that. But he does like cheese which is why I offered it to him. His stomach was empty because any regular cat food he was eating, he wasn't keeping down. So the cheese was a good idea, didn't cause upset and there has been no more signs of vomiting, also he seems to feel better today. Later he will get his normal meal, and I'll see if his appetite improved.

Grass is eaten by both cats and dogs when their stomach is upset, sometimes it helps them throw up whatever bad is in their system. I've seen all my pets at one time of another benefit from eating grass when they were sickly. In fact, they sell indoor grass for cats just for that purpose, I bought it years ago but never could keep it alive.
    How does grass help a sick cat throw up?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

SOURCE

As any cat owner knows, cats regularly throw up and leave lovely, wet little fur ball presents around the house.

But when the fur moves deep into the digestive tract, kitty needs a little help to break it down and pass it out the other end.

Call it a sixth sense or just intuition, but your cat knows that a little bit of grass may just go a long way in cleaning out its system (and may save you a trip to the veterinarian).

Update, he is feeling better today, but not 100%. For dinner I gave him a small amount of his normal canned food, and he ate it all. He always has dry available to free-feed, and he has been eating a little bit of that. He's still drinking normally and purring more today.

thats good to hear, at least he's eating even if its a little bit, as he feels better his appetite will return, he'll be back to normal and back to eating regular when he feels better. No problem getting my little one to eat, she eats 4 3 oz pouches a day, pretty much always cleans her plate, I have a little bowl of dry in the kennel for her but the big cats eat it. She goes in the kennel and goes in her bed when she's ready for a nap, and even stops playing to go use the litter box, she is doing really well. Tomorrow morning she has an apt. with the vet, but I don't think they'll be doing any shots as she had her first round of shots on the 17th.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Thanks Esme, today's the first day he seems a little better, he's in the back yard now with Bigfoot, he wasn't interested to go out for a couple of days now. If he needs to eat some fresh grass, he has it there. Last night I gave him a couple of tiny pieces of cheese and this morning a little freeze dried treat, doesn't look like he got sick at all last night or this morning. He's purring a little more like normal, so I'm hoping he's on the mend.
    Oh I hope so @Alpha1! Thinking of you both.

Hugs
    Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.