Holliston, Massachusetts: Man arrested for speeding while rushing dog to vet

Holliston, Massachusetts: Man arrested for speeding while rushing dog to vet

Article here:
    http://www.statesman.com/lifestyles/...zIPUgEXPA0RjK/

What I don't understand is why the fellow didn't set out to the vet on his own right away. If my dog was bleeding on the side of the road, I wouldn't wait an incredible half hour for someone else to do the driving. It doesn't seem to make sense.

I don't understand. The man called 911 right away, you would think they'd send somebody to help immediately.....isn't that what 911 is for? Even if it's an animal, don't they respond appropriately and quickly? Maybe I'm mistaken. Don't look like the Holliston police tried very hard.

If I thought someone would pull up in minutes and give my dog emergency first aid and get it to and emergency vet, I would probably just comfort it and wait. Too bad it went into a half hour, amazing that the dog even survived.

"I heard a big bang and then a few seconds later I heard a howl that just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up," said Rogaishio. "He was lying on the street, so I dragged him off to the side of the street and called 911."

Holliston police tried to find a way to get Thor to an animal hospital, but the dog was still bleeding on the side of the road half an hour later.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.