Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pets celebrating the holidays

Pets celebrating the holidays

It is that time of year again - cats climbing evergreen trees or stealing ornaments, dogs dressed as Santa Claws or reindeer, putting up stockings for your furry kids, etc. They don't want to get in trouble. They want to celebrate Christmas with their humans who know what the holiday is all about. Oh yes, and did I mention wrapping paper, the boxes gifts come in, and stockings just for the furkids?

Emily liked knocking ornaments off tree branches. Her first year, she drank tree water, but quickly learned she should only drink from her own bowl. Patricia tried to eat white pine needles that fell off and, as she got older, started biting some directly off the branches. Both cats slept on the tree skirt before Christmas Eve and had their own stockings. I talked my mom into buying a Douglas fir one year so it would not become Patricia's snack and it worked. Now even though she is gone, I will only have fake trees for the rest of my life.

Do your pets love Christamas time? Daisy has a stocking that used to be for Wilbur and played with fake berries that fell off a wreath. I can imagine both any animal species would have some interest in it if you celebrate the holiday at your home.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

having a tree is not an option with bengals, when I had my first bengal many years ago I thought it would be ok to put up a tree, really bad idea, by the time Christmas came my tree looked like a charlie brown twig. First and last tree with a bengal!
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

What did the Bengal do, climib on it?

climbed it, knocked down all the ornaments, chewed on the wires for the lights, took off all the needles on the tree. Major disaster.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

LOL Wow that is amazing. Can you have wreaths and garland?

I have a wreath on the door but that's outside, shiny garland would drive them nuts until they had it all pulled apart. I finished wrapping yesterday, I gave them an empty roll to play with, not good enough, they wanted one with paper on it, tried to get into boxes, shredded a roll by making claw marks and ripping it on the roll, tried to take bows and tape off the packages, I gave up until they decided to take a nap then I quietly snuck in my bedroom and finished. And the absolutely worse one was Sandy, she is little and she can get into more things

What do you expect from a cat named after the man who gives every kid presents on December 24? She is supposed to go crazy when you wrap them!

what's her excuse the rest of the time???

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    what's her excuse the rest of the time???
    You mean for ruining decorations? She is learning everything about Christmas because it is her first.

Do you have any suggestions for masking the odor of a catnip toy so Daisy will not go bonkers immediately after I put it in her stocking?

don't put it in the stocking until you're ready to give it to her

I will do it when she is sleeping so she will be like kids on Christmas when she wakes up.

It will be interesting to see what Daisy does when she sees wrapping paper. Unfortunately she likes scissors, so I have to shut her out of the bedroom.

Dogs open their Christmas presents too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.