Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lemon/orange oil

Quote Originally Posted by Eleora View Post
    It's sisal, I think she wanted a flat surface to scratch. Oh I also put catnip on it.
    Obviously, because she was scratching carpet. I read sisal is the most durable material to scratch on, but never tried it. Good to know it is working for Molly.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

She seems happy with the sisal so far, I don't like when she pulls up threads of carpet I don't know if she is eating them or not. She puts everything in her mouth.... but that is lessening as she gets older.

She seems happy with the sisal so far, I don't like when she pulls up threads of carpet I don't know if she is eating them or not. She puts everything in her mouth.... but that is lessening as she gets older.
    Because she was scratching carpet, you obviously don't want her mat to be carpet too. That would confuse her.

Another option is seagrass, but it must be a new thing because I did not know about it until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Another option is seagrass, but it must be a new thing because I did not know about it until this year.
    I only just heard about it from you, it must be a new thing because they aren't many products made with it, I found this though and it looks awesome (if it was taller).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petlinks-...4383.l4275.c10

[QUOTE=Eleora;51669]I only just heard about it from you, it must be a new thing because they aren't many products made with it, I found this though and it looks awesome (if it was taller).

The Petsmart employee I talked to said it is better not to get a straight vertical post because they can tip over, so I chose a triangular post. The seagrass on it looked durable and the sisal did not. I can't say how long the post lasted because Daisy stopped using it for a while after I put catnip on her TurboScratcher, which has corrugated carboard in the middle.

[QUOTE=CatMom1994;51672]
    I only just heard about it from you, it must be a new thing because they aren't many products made with it, I found this though and it looks awesome (if it was taller).

The Petsmart employee I talked to said it is better not to get a straight vertical post because they can tip over, so I chose a triangular post. The seagrass on it looked durable and the sisal did not. I can't say how long the post lasted because Daisy stopped using it for a while after I put catnip on her TurboScratcher, which has corrugated carboard in the middle.

I read a blog once and the guy in it makes his own posts out of a traffic cone. He wraps the sisal around them.

LOL Traffic cone, that is funny. I don't know if any scratchers are shaped like one, but if it works, good for his cat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.