My dog hasn't eaten for two days.

My dog hasn't eaten for two days.

Yesterday, neither my 7 month-old female bullmastiff, nor my one year-old male pitbull ate their breakfast. They've been on the same food for about four months. My cat and my other dog didn't lose their appetite, however. Later that evening, I fed them all dinner. Everyone ate except for Kindle, the bullmastiff. I worried a little, but she was acting her normal self and drinking water fine, so I just figured she may have had a tummy ache. This morning, she was the only one not to touch her breakfast. At lunch, I tried to feed her a late breakfast, and she didn't touch that either. Her feces don't look strange and she hasn't been vomiting or anything. Other than her loss in appetite, she is acting completely fine. She has had all of her shots. What could be wrong?

How many times a day are you feeding, maybe they're just not hungry? Also what food are you feeding, and in what amounts? Any changes in their stool, like loose or constipation, that could be a problem too. I generally feed my dog once a day, in late afternoon. In the morning he'll get a jerky treat and a biscuit. Could they have gotten into anything weird outdoors, that they both might have eaten? BTW, welcome!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

My pitbull eats two cups in the morning and two in the evening, as recommended by the bag. He's eating Ol' Roy: Complete Nutrition, because Ol' Roy is what my parents always raised their dogs on. They have a 17 year old beagle/spaniel that they raised on it and she is still in good health. My bullmastiff is on Purina Puppy Chow, and the recommended amount for her is 4 2/3 to 6 2/3 cups, but she won't eat more than 3 cups a day. For my pitbull, there is no such thing as "full". For instance, I was out of town for three days with my husband and my sister was taking care of my dogs in that time. She fed my pitbull eight cups in one sitting because he still acted hungry and she thought maybe he wasn't eating enough. After eight, she stopped, realizing he wasn't going to stop. As far as my bullmastiff goes, she's never been a big eater, but she has never skipped a meal. They are both outdoor dogs, but they live 20x6x10 kennel and I don't ever let them out without my supervision. There is no changes in their stool and no changes in their behavior, either. She isn't spayed, so do you think her loss of appetite may signal her being in heat soon? I have never had a dog any behavior other than becoming a little irritable before, but is her lack of appetite a possibility? My husband also left to work out of town yesterday, which was the day it started. He left once before and it didn't affect them, but he has spent more time a day with her since then. Could it possibly be that she's just missing him? I have heard before that dogs will sometimes do that. Thanks so much for the response!

UPDATE: Kindle finally ate her dinner.

Good to hear she is eating

Thanks for the update, happy to hear that Kindle is eating again. It may have something to do with your husband leaving, dogs are sensitive to many things around them. I used to feed Ol' Roy, until I read up on the ingredients in the less expensive dog foods, shocking really...also I lost a younger dog to cancer, and decided to no longer feed the cheap brands like Ol' Roy, etc.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

safehavenar - Thank you

Alpha1 - I am sorry for your loss. I have lost a quite a few dogs myself, so I can understand your sorrow. If I had been in your shoes, I had probably done the same. I recently lost 14 year-old beagle to congestive heart failure due to heartworm trouble she suffered ten years ago, so I can understand the hurt of losing a pet.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.