Chronic kidney failure!please read and help!

Chronic kidney failure!please read and help!

Hello dear Group Members and Cats Papa's and Momma's!🐈
    I would like to share the campaign for Tiger cat below

https://www.gofundme.com/TigerKidneyFailure
    and ask you to help as you can!
    This Christmas season, please help make it possible for Tiger to receive the supplements, fluids and meds he needs by donating just a small amount each. It adds up quick and this little guy can continue to live life with a good quality of life. It's the gift of giving that counts.💞🐱
    Tiger is a beautiful cat. I rescued him and many other cats from the streets in Ukraine and brought them all with me here to USA. I have a mini shelter you can name it so.
    Tiger suffering from a Chronic Kidney Failure and the vet Bills are just enormous. It drop me out of my budget. That is why I am reaching out for help and hope that there are souls in this world who's will understand and be supportive.
    TAG and SHARE PLEASE!
    Thanks everyone and sorry if this is not a kind of topics you want to read here.
    🙏😿🐾❤️

Sincerely,

Iriska and Tiger
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tiger is a beautiful kitty! I love brown tabbies.

I saw your post in the Looking for Support forum. Instead of just trying to get donations to pay for vet bills, you should also look for ways to save money. It would be both cheaper and healthier to feed regular cat food - with low phopshorus and high-quality protein, of course - than what the vet prescribes. If Tiger will eat wet food, feed him that (which is healthier than kibbles for all cats anyway) exclusively. If Tiger likes running water, buying a fountain will encourage him drink more. Have you looked around for a less expensive vet?
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Hi and thanks for the qucik response. I do feed Tiger special Hills k/d or renal Royal Canin food vet. When he do not want I force feed through the syringe.
    I have read a lot and do everything possible. I did looked for the cheaper vet, but it takes onths to get to the appointment date and then weeks for some tests to be done. We do not have such time

That is a shame about a cheaper vet not being available. I also fed my kitty Hill's k/d. It cost over $40 for 24 5.5 cans. I felt bad about not feeding Patricia her favorite food, Wellness chicken pate for several reasons, but the biggest one was weight loss. Twice she lost 2 pounds in 2 months. The weight loss began days after she started the prescription diet. The reason was it has low protein in the form of chicken meal. She also hated the recipe and ate less of it than the Wellness. I know that because she often waited for me to feed her even when an ample amount of food was already on the floor. I will never feed any cat a prescription diet again.

The tricky part, of course, is trying to find a high-quality wet food that has less than 0.5% phoshporus. Pet food companies think cats need low protein, but they are confused. The problem is except for eggs, protien and phosphorus are found in the same parts of animals. When pet food makers just lower the absolute amount of protein, they aren't adding high-quality sources, which is exactly what cats with CRF need. This doesn't mean vets are wrong when they say protein should be reduced. They are not taught in veterinary school protein quality is more important than protein reduction when talking about making pet food more digestible for animals with CRF. I hope this makes sense.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.