Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Coconut oil on paws

Oh let me know how the coconut oil is doing I have a female cat who has one of her pads cracking from dryness, hopefully it helps your cat very well

Well she just licks the coconut oil right off as soon as I put it on! She loves it :/ Her pads do seem more moist though. I would love to train her not to jump on that side of the counters, there are glass chopping board type covers I can buy but also have my eye on one of these http://hobcoversdirect.co.uk/id17.html

I think its so stupid that cookers don't come with safety lids, they should all have pull down lids it seems that only some gas ones do.

Even though she licks it off, it's good for her internally. I don't bother with covers, just like I learned with the smooth electric stove tops not to touch when hot, I believe that our cats do too. We have to protect them from some things, but not everything, or they'll never learn and be able to survive on their own, IMO.

I can keep the kitchen door shut, but if she has learned to open it I can take the handle off and put it back on but upside down, so then she cant pull it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleora View Post
    Well she just licks the coconut oil right off as soon as I put it on! She loves it :/ Her pads do seem more moist though. I would love to train her not to jump on that side of the counters, there are glass chopping board type covers I can buy but also have my eye on one of these http://hobcoversdirect.co.uk/id17.html

I think its so stupid that cookers don't come with safety lids, they should all have pull down lids it seems that only some gas ones do.
    The problem with that is you would have a hard time moving it when you need to cook on the stove. It does not look lightweight. Gas stove covers are made to just cover each burner.

Remember the thread about using lemon oil to deter Molly from scratching on carpet? Maybe using citrus spray would work on the stove if it is not flammable.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

The place I live has lowered counters and a lowered electric stove, so it is impossible to keep the cats off of the stove! I don't cook much on the stove, but this post makes me think I should get covers "just in case".

Quote Originally Posted by catsandcorals View Post
    The place I live has lowered counters and a lowered electric stove, so it is impossible to keep the cats off of the stove! I don't cook much on the stove, but this post makes me think I should get covers "just in case".
    Do you live in a wheelchair-accessible home?

I would rather train the cat to not jump up there if you can find a good deterrant.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.