Does dog need to sleep in the bed?

Question Does dog need to sleep in the bed?

I got a new bed for my puppy for sleep. He likes it very much and sleeps well at night. But now he always sleeps on the ground rather than the bed.
    I don't know why. Does dog need to sleep in the bed?
    golden retriever.jpg

if he wants to sleep in the bed thats fine but if he wants the floor thats up to him. He'll go where he's most comfortable
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I agree with Linda. I don't use a bed for my pets, bought a couple of beds years ago and they didn't use them, they're welcome to sleep on the chairs, couch or loveseat, all have washable covers. Also, at night they sleep in bed with me and my husband, I welcome them as part of the family, but I understand that some people don't want them in their beds, I respect their decision. My dog likes to lie in the kitchen or bathroom sometimes when he's hot, because of the cool tiles and vinyl flooring.

My dog sleeps on a dog cushion with blankets, she like to sleep covered up. Don't know if that's a chihuahua thing or do bigger dogs like to wrapped themselves in a blanket too when they are snoozing?

a baby crib mattress makes the best bed, you can cover it with a blanket and its washable so the bed is always nice and fresh
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    a baby crib mattress makes the best bed, you can cover it with a blanket and its washable so the bed is always nice and fresh
    Thanks for this, didn't think of using a baby crib before. It's really a good idea, really comfortable for the pups.

glad I could help, I've always used a baby crib mattress when I had pups, its big enough for them to stretch out and comfortable. I use a crib sheet and blanket over the sheet. worked for me.

I assume those are more expensive than beds specifically made for dogs because of the human factor.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

probably but so what? I go with whatever works.

probably but so what? I go with whatever works.
    I would rather buy a crib to have cushoined sides and pillows too, the kind with storage at one end for dog food, bones, and boys.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mechi2 View Post
    My dog sleeps on a dog cushion with blankets, she like to sleep covered up. Don't know if that's a chihuahua thing or do bigger dogs like to wrapped themselves in a blanket too when they are snoozing?
    Chihuahas are often cold like some other small dogs. My nephew has a Whippet and she likes to go into his bed during the daytime in winter and nose her way under the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Chihuahas are often cold like some other small dogs. My nephew has a Whippet and she likes to go into his bed during the daytime in winter and nose her way under the covers.
    My sister also have a chihuahua and he pretty much occupy their bed day and while while the other dogs are flat out on the floor beside their bed all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mechi2 View Post
    Every dog has it's own wants just like my baby pompom he really loves sleeping on the floor because it's cold and when I turn on the aircon, he jumps on the bed and sleep beside me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel3 View Post
    Every dog has it's own wants just like my baby pompom he really loves sleeping on the floor because it's cold and when I turn on the aircon, he jumps on the bed and sleep beside me.
    That reminds me of a chi I used to have, she liked to lie on the floor vents because she liked the warm air

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.