Two years since Patricia crossed the bridge

Two years since Patricia crossed the bridge

I know the exact time and date. Saturday, January 2, 2016, at 2:30 p.m. I have a permanent reminder of it in a corner of my back yard. But here I am, two years after D-Day, wondering how it could be 2 years ago. My 6-year old nephew asked me what Patricia was and if she died. He knew her - the brown and white classic tabby with a brick-red nose and green eyes. Now he seems to have forgotten the girl I sometimes let him pet with supervision. After beling left alone, I asked myself, "Has it really been two years?"
    Last edited by CatMom1994; 01-02-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

I know how you feel, it will be four years may 9th I had to have my first bengal put down due to cancer. I still have the oil painting my daughter had given me of him the Christmas before. It hangs on the wall and I feel he is looking down at the others. I still miss him. We never really get over loosing them, we just learn to live without them
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

It is rough no matter how long they are gone. I believe I will see them all again someday.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Yup.

For several months the second day of the month was hard. February 2, one month; March 2, two months. etc. Does that happen to you?

I spent hours organizing cat pictures to get rid of the bad ones and duplicates. It was good to see Patricia when she did not look and feel old.

I know it's a sad day for you CatMom, hugs.

I don't have any pictures of her before she started looking old. Why couldn't we have digital cameras in the 20th century?

If you have a scanner you could save them to your computer. We did this for older photos of our cats who passed away. Sometimes when I look at these photos I start crying because I miss them so much which does no good because they all had happy lives with us...just wish they could live forever.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I put a picture of Wilbur to my heart and told him, "I love you forever. You are the best cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    If you have a scanner you could save them to your computer. We did this for older photos of our cats who passed away. Sometimes when I look at these photos I start crying because I miss them so much which does no good because they all had happy lives with us...just wish they could live forever.
    That's true Esme, you can scan them. I used an instant Polaroid camera for a long time years ago, the kind that developed instantly and you kind of just waved them in the air to dry for a minute or two. Unfortunately, many of those photos have since faded from age. I also used to use a 35mm camera and get the pictures developed in the drug store.

Even if I scanned pictures I could not edit all of them the way I want. For example, how would you make messy blankets look neat or remove an object that is directly behind the cat?

Sorry for your loss!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.