Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Adoption vs puppy buying

I agree that shelters can be a pain at times. I get that they want to make sure the animals are going to good forever homes, but making the process over complicated can and does turn people off from it and not because their bad owners.

Have you ever tried a search on Craigslist? I got both my of my dogs from off of there. One in which was going to be heading to a shelter if no one took her. I look at both of them as rescues even though I didn't get them from a shelter. I will add if you do go this route to be sure to meet in a public place.
    Jackson & Salsi (Chihuahua & Chihuahua Mix), Cameron (Domestic Short Hair), Pip (Mouse), Clover (Crimson-bellied Conure), Ali (Veiltail Betta), Medusa (Corn Snake)

I would never get anything off craigslist, people lie, they will tell you anything to get rid of the dog, say its good with cats, good with kids ect, you get it home and it kills your cat or bites your kid. Unfortunately you can't trust anyone to tell the truth when it benefits them to get rid of a problem. The dog could be sick, have something thats going to cost you a fortune to get it healthy if you can. Be careful with craigslist

People that care about their pets don't advertise on craigslist, this first come first serve to anyone that has the price, they don't know or care how the animal will be treated, case in point puppy doe that was tortured to death, or sold to a lab or used as a bait dog.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

It's true and sad that in this day and age it is tough to trust people. I'll just say to each their own, I'd never give up my Jackson and Salsi and couldn't be happier with any other dogs, Craigslist or not. I do gotta disagree with you about the people who care about their pets would never put them on Craigslist. Salsi was only given up because her owner a 9 year old girl was diagnosed with a brain tumor. We still keep in touch with her family. They have stayed very interested in Salsi and still love getting pictures from us of her. They may even be coming down to visit her and our church as we have been praying for Ana, the now young lady.
    Jackson & Salsi (Chihuahua & Chihuahua Mix), Cameron (Domestic Short Hair), Pip (Mouse), Clover (Crimson-bellied Conure), Ali (Veiltail Betta), Medusa (Corn Snake)

there are exceptions to everything but generally speaking its not a good idea
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

The poster registered in January and never returned. Very disappointing.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.