Do you know the best leashes for pulling dog?

Do you know the best leashes for pulling dog?

My dog walks faster than me. He pulls for several reasons, while we are out. Sometimes I get tired and prefer to stay at home, but my dog loves walking, so I am looking for best leash which will be comfortable for my dog. Please help me to solve this problem.

Its not the leash, its you and the dog. I recommend a harness instead of a collar, pulling on the collar can damage his neck. When he starts to pull just stop and turn around, when he comes to the end of the leash it will jerk him back then bring him to you and start again. Won't take long and he'll realize the sudden jerk on the leash is uncomfortable and he'll learn to walk better.

You can also teach him to heal, that will keep him on the side of you and not walking in front

I am not going to recommend a pinch collar unless he's a really big hard to handle dog and you need to stop him from chasing someone or another dog
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank you very much.You are very helpful ^^

As linda2147 recommended, I would highly suggest a harness when walking a dog who loves to pull. When looking into harnesses, there will be two main types. The more common type is where the leash hooks onto the back, and another type is where the leash hooks onto the front on their chest. I find the latter to be better on dogs who pull.
    Another option you can consider is what is known as a gentle leader. Gentle leaders go around your dog's snout, not unlike a bridle on a horse. Gentle leaders are especially useful on dogs who show leash aggression. I would only recommend the Gentle Leader if your dog is too out of control even with a harness (i.e. jumping at something that has their attention like rabbits, squirrels, or other dogs).
    As far as leashes themselves go, so long as your dog is not turning around to bite the leash, you shouldn't have to worry about which leash you use too much (though short, non-extendable leashes will make it easier to train your dog to walk with you!).

It has been a while since you started this thread so I hope that you are having more luck walking your dog!

I suggest you use no-pull harness leashes. I've tried using it and it works for my dog. These leashes are designed like a vest, it is worn around the front legs and secures the dog’s stomach.

You may also check "Anti-Leash-Pulling Trainer Gentle" but effective, this automated in-leash training method interrupts unwanted pulling with near instant results, as it emits a direct ultrasonic signal that increases or decreases according to the pressure on the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleygray View Post
    I suggest you use no-pull harness leashes. I've tried using it and it works for my dog. These leashes are designed like a vest, it is worn around the front legs and secures the dog’s stomach.

Very good. Thats what I thought Ashleygray! I like harness's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Very good. Thats what I thought Ashleygray! I like harness's a lot.
    Really? That's great! Been planning to buy accessories for my dog. What accessories do you prefer?

I prefer buying dresses for my dog Ashley! Is their any accessory that dog is wearing?

Really? That's great! Been planning to buy accessories for my dog. What accessories do you prefer?
    Buy some accessories that your dog is comfortable to wear. An accessory that when you buy it, it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryAustin View Post
    Buy some accessories that your dog is comfortable to wear. An accessory that when you buy it, it is worth it.
    Do you know an accessory or device that could track my dog's location anytime and anywhere? It's hard to depend on the name tags and all if ever I lose my dog. I need a device that would instantly do the job.

Check Wiggles Wags & Whiskers No-Pull harness! Comfortable and durable!

That's what I thought so ashley. Been using no-pull harness with my dog and is quite effective.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.