I need urgent help!

I need urgent help!

I haven't much experience towards dogs, since I'm a new owner, so I come across many obstacles and need urgent help. My newly adopted dog loves walking outside, but he barks at other dogs. I have tried to find out the reasons of barking, but the thing is that while my dog barks at other dogs I feel frightened and I don't know how to act. Please help me to solve this problem and recommend me some useful options. Thank you in advance ^_^

if he's not barking in an aggressive manner there is no problem. If you feel nervous he senses the addrelinin coming from you and excites him more. Just give him a leash correction and say no, quiet, and keep walking.

If he's acting in an aggressive manner try the same approach and if that doesn't work walk him with a muzzle on.

You don't say how old the dog is, if its a puppy the barking is a puppy thing, if he's older is a learned habit and you will need to break him of to have peaceful walks
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

thank you, as you mentioned my fear excites him more and I have to work on myself.

this forum has many experiences knowledgeable members. We can and will help you if you have a problem. All you have to do is ask
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi PL- In the case of my three male dogs, ironically all three of them do that because actually they themselves are afraid of the situation. At first on the surface it seems like they want to fight with the other dog, but no. If I pick a barking male up, he will usually calm down a lot because he feels safer, and then we can pass the other dog quietly.

Animals do pick up on our energy so trying to remain calm and talking softly works.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I see this and I'm happy to join this community ))

WELCOME! This is a great place for help and support.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks to all of you, I like when you share me your experiences <3

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.