Cat growling

Cat growling

Why do cats growl?

My cat has just started this within this last month. She will growl when she hears something outside, and this is not normal for her at all. She prefers to be near me and purring, but also, never sleep so close to me as she down now. This past week she has started to sleep every night with me with no moving room. Could something be wrong with her?

If an animal starts acting differently than they normally do it could be something medical so wouldn't hurt to have her checked.

I have two bengal cats and my male will growl at the others if one of them tries to take something away from him, but thats the only time he growls. The little one couldn't care less about anything going on and the siamese is to lazy to growl, she'd rather just observe then go back to sleep. So no growling when she hears a noise is not normal behavior.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

LOL @ too lazy to growl Linda.

Welcome to the forum, laohara. Is that your cat's name?

A few more details would help. How long have you had her? Does anyone else live with you? Do you know what the "something outside" is?
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Could there be a stray cat outside that is marking your house or trying to dominate? That's a possibility....welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Could there be a stray cat outside that is marking your house or trying to dominate? That's a possibility....welcome!
    I was thinking of redirected fear just from seeing a stray cat outside.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.