Should I try Solid Gold again?

Question Should I try Solid Gold again?

I really do not want to think about opening more cans of Blue Freedom Chicken Pate because Daisy made me throw out a lot. My idea was let her run out of it, then talk to the vet about other options. However, last year he suggested - as most vets do - Science Diet. That makes me wonder if it is worth discussing with him, even though he had also suggested Wellness for dry kitten food. (Daisy did not like the wet form of that either.)

Solid Gold (turkey and pumpkin or turkey and duck) was her favorite fresh out of the can, but she would not eat the leftovers at all. Should I talk to the vet first or just go ahead and order it?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Personally, I wouldn't go to a vet for food recommendations and I wouldn't order a large amount of anything until I was sure my cat really liked it. I only feed 1/3 of a can at a time, and put one of those lids on the leftovers and put it in the fridge until the next meal. He doesn't seem to mind whether it's cold or room temperature.

Even with the dry food, I buy the smallest bag I can until I know he'll eat it. Either way, you know you won't be in a situation where you have a lot of food that's ending up in the trash.

That is what she refuses to eat - the wet food that was put in the fridge with a plastic lid on. I don't know why. Everything else tastes good or bad both before and after being refrigerated. BTW each serving is usually 1/4 of a can.

I know she likes Solid Gold with turkey as the first ingredient. For some reason Petsmart has a policy prohibiting sales of SG products and does not carry it, which is annoying because I can walk there.

For years I've fed fromm duck a la veg, this is what Orri's breeder was feeding and he loved it. Recently my daughter had a sample bag of halo, she gave me some to try and the cats went crazy over it. Plus I've been having a hard time finding the fromm duck. I managed to get a 15 pound bag of the fromm and I'm mixing it with the halo to switch them to the halo. I'm on my second bag of halo as with three cats eating it a six pound bag doesn't last long and it only comes in six pound bags. So now I put it on auto delivery from Chewy, auto delivery you get a 5 % discount and free shipping so I've ordered three bags for every six weeks. If it doesn't last them that long I'll up the order. Plus they get the natural balance pouches. I buy five cases at a time so I never run out of food. I"m not sure but I think halo also makes a wet food.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

When I ordered Hill's k/d from Chewy the discount was 15% for a subscription. The first month was cheaper because I was a new customer. Eventually Mom stopped the subscription and just got it from the vet when she needed more cans. Blue Freedom chicken is autoshipped from Petco because they had a sale on cat food subscriptions.

You would think dry Fromm was sold in bigger bags. I don't know any other brand that only offers one size bag, but there probably is one.

Daisy likes dry Blue Wilderness, so I am only struggling to find canned food Daisy will eat. When I tried Halo, she would not even eat whatever else was on the floor at the same time because of the smell.

It would be nice if I could order a variety of brands without ordering 12 or 24 of each because all brands are sold at both Petco and Petsmart.

then if she likes the halo, go with the halo, its a good food and not any more expensive than any other good food. maybe it is a 15% and not 5, I'm not sure. My daughter and I combine the orders to get the best price and the free shipping
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    then if she likes the halo, go with the halo, it's a good food and not any more expensive than any other good food. Maybe it is a 15% and not 5, I'm not sure. My daughter and I combine the orders to get the best price and the free shipping.
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant the opposite - Daisy HATES Halo and won't eat near the stttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt7uy 7
    stuff because she thinks it stinks.

That was Daisy forcing me to keep my finger on the t key and typing BTW.

then go with fromm or orajin

Is Fromm sold at Petsmart?

Probably not, you need to get that at a high end pet food store

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Probably not, you need to get that at a high end pet food store
    Ugh. That makes a flavor taste test impossible.

most high end store and even something like pet smart will give you samples to try.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.