How do I deal with euthanizing my pup?

How do I deal with euthanizing my pup?

My 9 week old pup Nina came down with parvo last week and I had to make the difficult decision to put her down. Now im really depressed and wondering if I should ever get another dog, because this situation was emotionally draining and traumatizing. How do you deal with the grief? Im lost.......

its never easy loosing a pet, we never really get over it but we do learn to live without them. This bad experience should not turn you off from getting another dog. But the next time you get a young puppy or any animal for that matter make sure it has had shots. Parvo is preventable with a shot that whoever you got her from should have made sure she had the shot before letting you take her. In the future make sure the animal has a health certificate from the vet showing she's been examined and had preliminary shots.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I definitely will make sure my next pup is vaccinated! But you're absolutely right, I shouldn't let this stop me from getting another. Thank you for the advice!

I don't know what state you are in, I'm in NH and here its illegal to sell or even give away any animal that does not have a health certificate and proof of shots. The health certificate can be no more than 14 days old or they need to get another updated one from a vet. If someome buys or is given an animal, accidental or planned litter makes no difference they face a stiff fine. I think this law is a good thing, it protects the animal as well as the buyer
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

^ Hey, that's a good law.

Sorry that Nina did not make it, Jas. Rest in peace, little girl.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Nina..parvo is such a tragic disease. Losing your furry baby like that rips your heart in pieces but it will mend over time and you will come across another dog who needs a home but for now you need to heal.

So sorry to hear about your Nina. We had to put down our much loved Mija just before Christmas. Prior to that, Mija's litter mate also had to be euthanised(both with pancreatitis complications.

We have another dog, and will get another. It hurts to lose them, but the next dog will be an invaluable source of unconditional love.

That's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm really sorry to hear that Jas, I've been recently thinking myself how I'd deal with the pain if I ever lost one of my pups and what I'd do or if I'll ever adopt another. Hang in there and don't let this stop you from falling in love with another fur kid again.

So sorry you loss him.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always tell myself you'll never get the same dog but that doesn't mean that you can't get another dog that you'll love just as much!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.