Dogs Alert Owners to Elderly Woman Outside in Nightgown, in Frigid Temps

Thumbs up Dogs Alert Owners to Elderly Woman Outside in Nightgown, in Frigid Temps

Thanks goodness these two Labradoodles started acting strange at 4:30 am, as if they had to go out immediately. They bolted out the door to find this elderly woman sitting on the ground by the owner's car wearing only a nightgown. The people took her in, warmed her up and called 911. More here.

NORVELL TWP., MI - In the darkness, amid frigid temperatures early Saturday morning, a pair of labradoodles began acting strangely.

It was 4:30 a.m., and Adam and Eva acted like they needed to go outside badly, something that was not normal for the dogs, owners Lonnie and Susan Chester said.

"(Adam) never tugged on my clothes before, so I was a cautious about letting them out because I didn't know if there was anything out there," Lonnie said.

Before Lonnie could open the door of their Norvell Township home all the way, Adam and Eva squeezed past and bolted to his truck outside. Next to it was a woman in her late 80s on the ground, freezing with nothing on but a night gown.

"She looked up at me and said, 'I'm so cold,'" Lonnie said. "I have no idea how long she had been out there. She must have been terrified."

A good story with some sad irony, given the numerous articles this winter about dogs left outside who were found frozen to death. :- (

The poor woman had some kind of memory lost and was very lucky the dogs heard her ! I hope the woman's family found away to keep her going outside on her own again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.