Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can you take a cat for a walk?

Can you take a cat for a walk?

Can you take a cat for a walk like you can a dog? Cats are smaller than dogs so they can not run as fast. And a cat
    is more independent than a dog! So what can a cat do?

a cat can be leashed trained with a cat harness to take it out for walks. I don't do it because the more they are out the more they want to go out. I have two window boxes mine can go in and out safely, its all caged in so nothing can get to them and they can't get out. There is a magnetic door that opens both ways so when push the door open they can go in or out
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Wow! that is a good idea your cats must like it. so it sounds like you have inside cats RITE?

my cats are never allowed outside, mostly for their own safety, we have fisher cats here and their favorite food is cat and I don't want one of mine being lunch for those things
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh! what do they look like! and were do they live

download.jpg

this is a fisher cat, they are ugly and nasty, they will attack anything. They live in trees and come down for food

Wow! it looks mean

A cat can be trained to walk on a leash like a dog, but I've never walked mine out on public streets like that. I did put a harness on him when he was a kitten to show him the backyard and get him used to the surroundings outside of our house until he could be trusted out there on his own. Now he goes out for an hour or two a day, but he's always inside the house at night. He also goes camping with us and is loose with the dog, but he stays close to the camper and goes in and out on his own. Here he is when he was young getting used to our yard.

You have to very careful where you take a cat for a walk ,it could get attacked by a dog or hawk . I heard of small dogs getting picked up by a hawk . I had a neighbor that walked her cat on a leash and the cat wasn't a happy camper ! The poor cat was really frighten b/c it wasn't able to take off when it heard or saw something . I felt bad for the cat and would never put a leash on one .

Thank you for all that info. and that is a cute picture

Yetidog, with all due respect to Alpha, it is rarely a good idea to let cats go outside the same way you would with a dog. You can take a cat out back and walk it a leash, but I would not think for one second about letting a kitty go out the front door.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Thank you for all that info. and that is a cute picture

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Yetidog, with all due respect to Alpha, it is rarely a good idea to let cats go outside the same way you would with a dog. You can take a cat out back and walk it a leash, but I would not think for one second about letting a kitty go out the front door.
    Ok! thank you catMom but I wish we could do that with cats

What on earth. Such critters exist??

What do you mean cookiete? Are you talking about cats?
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.