Starting the Cat / Dog war

Starting the Cat / Dog war

Okay all of you out there. Let the battle begin. Dogs or Cats? And keep it clean! I don't want to see any biting below the belt, or scratching the eyes. Tell us all why you are a cat person or a dog person.

And pick a side. I own both too, but that doesn't mean I don't prefer one or the other!

~The Mighty Tin Man

I love them both, and I don't think I can pick a side!

When I was a kid, I had both cats and dogs. After I became an adult, I preferred cats, but I think that was mostly because I lived in apartments where I couldn't have a dog, and I also thought that dogs would be too much work.

When I finally got a house with a yard, I got a dog. What I like most about cats is their attitude. They are more loving than they get credit for, but, in general, you are going to have to work to get a cat to want to be around you. When I used to have a bad day, and I'd come home, and tell my cat, "come to mama," she would just look at me like, "I don't feel like it, maybe if you give me sime tuna, I'll think about it."

What I love about dogs is how loyal they are and how even if you are grumpy, ugly, stupid, or whatever, all they want from you is love and food. You can be in a really bad mood and your dog is still happy to see you. I think the love of my dog is the only truly unconditional love I have ever felt in my life.

Right now, I think I like dogs a bit better, but if sometime in the future, I have a cat, and no dog, I will probably think I like cats better. It's just like sports for me; when basketball season is going on, I think that basketball is my favorite sport, but when football starts, I think that football is my favorite sport.

I'll bite! I've always been a dog lover because I find them a much more affectionate companion than the cats I have known. A dog is much more likely to tune himself into your mood and snuggle up with you when your curled up on the sofa with a mug of tea. Also, you can't take a cat for a walk and I find my walks with Eggy the beagle to be an important time for bonding between us. I feel like we've come to understand each other so much better through the time that we spend together.

I love dogs and cats equally and have been owners to both all my life. Right now i own a three year old cat named Starburst and i am planning on picking out a dog in the future. Cats aren't as high maintenance as a dog can be but sometimes a dog can be more entertaining. As they say, Dogs are man's best friend.

I don't have to pick a side either. Dogs are great companions, and can offer some security when walking alone outdoors, if someone approaches the home, etc. Cats are unique creatures, soft, cuddly, charmingly aloof, etc., have to love both, a special bond can be reached with each. Both are beneficial to your health too!

I have had both but i'm sorry DOG!!!!!. With my dog, she is 75lbs, I can cuddle her, she knows when i'm sad, I can go jogging with her and she protects me. I did love my cat but i'm sorry he wasn't all that playful. He was soft and cuddly and warm but there is just something about my dog that makes me chose her over the cat.

I have to go with cats. Don't get me wrong I love my dog, she's awesome. There's just something to be said for being curled up in your jammies with a hot cup of tea, a good book and a purring cat that is just so heavenly to me!

I am a cat lady at heart. ^_^ I would have to merit their independent nature on this one. One reason I quickly tire of dogs is that they always want to play and seem to need so much more attention than cats do. I like the fact that with my cat, I can just go about my business, and he can go about his, and if on occasion our businesses collide, then it is a happy moment or few. Also I don't have to take my cat for walks, and I don't have to pick up after him except when I clean out the litter box. Picking up after a dog while outside walking has always seemed kind of demeaning to me. Cats are just cleaner, saner, and easier to love - in my experience. ^_^

I have to say that I lean in the direction of dogs. I like cats but I find that they are more anti-social then dogs. What I mean is a cat will only come if they want/need love. A dog will give you love when you want it too. Dogs are also capable of protecting you and your property. A cat may try but I am yet to see anyone who will run from a cat . While both are capable of unconditional love, I prefer an animal who goes outside to use the washroom. I have owned cats in the past but usually it was a temporary foster situation. Dogs are more self efficient as they can be trained to tell you what they want. Cats tend to rely on you to tell them what they want. This is only my personal opinion and I hope not to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by deemac80 View Post
    I like cats but I find that they are more anti-social then dogs.
    And here is the real reason I get along so well with cats.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.