Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why This Cat Drinks Like This?

naughty, naughty, naughty

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    my bengals do like water, if I don't keep the shower doors closed they will jump in the tub or try to join me in the shower

I don't have a fountain for the dog, she would put her feet in it and make a mess. Sometimes Sandy will walk on the rim of the water bucket and drink or play it in, I have to really watch her because she is still small and I'm afraid if she falls in she'd drown.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by gopet View Post
    I googled, here is what I got from Google:
    (I guess this makes sense)

"Cats can form preferences at a young age, and so this behavior is not necessarily even related to the cat's current water set up," Delgado said. "Some cats may prefer licking their paws to drinking out of a water bowl if they don't like the shape of the water bowl. Cats are subject to ‘whisker stress' where they may not like pressure on their whiskers while they eat or drink. It could also be because the water level isn't quite what they would like it to be -- it's usually too low."
    Delgado was saying whiskers are sensitive enough for the edges of a water bowl to bother some cats and you can't change that. The "critical period" when kittens develop purrsonalities is 2-7 weeks.

Daisy dips her paw in the water when it gets low, but still has enough for her to wash down a meal.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

I kind of like this drinking fountain.
    Could you PM me??
    Thanks

Which drinking fountain? There are many styles available.

You would get a lot more help by posting your questions about cat drinking fountains in a thread.

Welcome to the forum.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.