Hyperactive Kitten

Hyperactive Kitten

Hello, I have a 6 months old kitten, she is extremely hyperactive and I have trouble disciplining her. Any advice on how to calm her down?

She will calm down when she gets a bit older. ALL kittens are hyper. Do you have toys to keep her amused? Do you have another cat she can play with? They do like their own kind to play with. If she isn't destructive or trying to get outside and just doing normal kitten things she doesn't need to be disciplining. She's just being a kitten

I have a 9 year old siamese female, a 3 year old bengal male and a 4 month old bengal kitten, female. The kitten is relentless with the bigger cats, she demands they play with her, when they have had enough of her they let her know then they all settle down and usually take a nap together. Then the play starts again, all day, every day.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hello Linda, thank you for your reply. Yes she has a bunch of toys to play with, but not another kitten or cat, she also has access to the garden where she enjoys her time, but I am having difficulty in keeping her from jumping and walking all over the kitchen table and counter, will this go away as she gets older? She also always tries to get a taste of our food, I can't seem to fend her off of it. Any advice?
    Thanks

you can try a squirt bottle. put just plan water in a bottle and when she goes where she isn't supposed to be give her a squirt. That will work temporarily but she may still jump on the table and counters when you aren't looking, as far as trying to get your food, just move her away, bring her to her own dish of food and walk away. You might consider getting another kitten for her to play with, they will play together and not be after you all the time
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank you for all the tips!

Letting her outside is never a good idea. Because she is a kitten, now is the time to train her to stop doing that. There are many ways to make her happy as an exclusively indoor cat.

Does she have a cat tree? There are many sizes and styles at a wide price range. They give cats of all ages and activity levels a place to climb, jump, play, sleep, scratch, and (if you put it at a window) look outside.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

You can’t babysit your kitten 24/7, so consider bringing another kitten home. Most kittens do well with another friend who has an energy level close to his own. You can also use interactive toys, such as puzzle boxes or turbo scratchers. It will also help alleviate boredom. Cats will spend hours trying to fish toys or treats out of these types of toys.

If you kitty has any interest in boxes, I know a famouse cat who can show you how to make them toys.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

I can suggest that if your kitten is acting up, let her relax in her own haven. This could be dimly lit small room where she can unwind away from other pets,distractions and people. It should also a space in which she can play and let out her energy without having to worry about destroying anything.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.