Cefuroxime antibiotic does this cause glucose in urine?

Cefuroxime antibiotic does this cause glucose in urine?

Two weeks ago, i brought my dog to the vet because of possible UTI (she had it before). It was confirmed through a urinalysis. My dog also had blood works done just to be sure. She was prescribed cefuroxime. After a week, i brought the urine sample to the vet and the results showed cefuroxime did not work so the urine was sent to the lab for sedimentation. But her urine this time had glucose 50 mg/ dl. I do not know what this means. Her previous urinalysis had no glucose. Is it possible cefuroxime cause the glucose in urine? And maybe once she stops taking it there would be no glucose? The vet suggested FBS the next time we visit, which is scaring me and making me very nervous. At the time my other dog's sgpt was not normal so i got so stressed out over this that the glucose situation did not register immediately. Now that it has, i am having serious anxiety over this. I am having trouble sleeping. Its the vet's day off i cannot ask her.

I guess anything is possible but I've never heard of an anti biotic causing sugar in the urine. Giving her a cranberry supplement would help if this is a problem with her. Another thing you can try is colloidal silver, Silver is a natural anti biotic and colloidal silver kills all forms of yeast and bacteria. But be advised it will also kill the good bacteria in the gut so giving her a probiotic daily is necessary.

I always keep a bottle on hand because its good for so many things. Read about it here

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com...loidal-silver/
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi Mimi-

Please see my post (#4) on the thread below to read how I use Ester-C to keep UTIs away from my dog.

http://www.petforums.com/showthread....-get-to-a-vet?

Personally I think colloidal silver is dangerous snake oil quackery, and I would never use it for anything:

https://www.quackwatch.org/01Quacker.../silverad.html

he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.