Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People want my Sandy

People want my Sandy

Penny came over this morning, she was playing with Sandy, she asked me to put off spaying her because she said she'd like one of her kittens and her friends would want one also and were willing to pay for one. I told her no, she is going to be spayed March 2, the apt. is made and I have no intention of breeding her. One of her friend's is willing to pay 1000 for one of her kittens, its not about money, she knows how I feel about breeding and the cat overpopulation problem and I'd never sleep at night not knowing where the kittens were and if they were being taken care of. She did her best to convince me to let her have one litter but the answer is still no. She said her friend isn't going to be happy but to bad, she'll have to get over it. There are others like her around, find one someplace else. Sandy will never be a mother. I don't need the money and the world doesn't need more cats. Spay goes on as scheduled.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Good for you Linda, I admire you for that, stick to your guns....too bad about her friend, she can go elsewhere if she's so intent, like you said. I'm surprised Penny even suggested such a thing to you.

she was playing with her and she said how much she'd love to have her, then she said she'd take a kitten of hers then asked me if I'd postpone spaying her until after she has a litter. I'm not changing my mind. Nothing could persuade me to breed her, or anything else for that matter. The apt is already made and its a done deal

Sometimes I think she comes over as much as she does just to see and play with Sandy. She cuddles her, talks to her and Sandy responds, Penny thinks she is the sweetest cat ever
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

If Penny ever takes her from you, she will breed her for sure. Glad you're not changing your mind about this Linda, good for you (and Sandy).

thats not going to happen. She will be spayed mar 2 unless she comes into heat before, if she does she will go immediately to be spayed. Everytime Penny comes over she brings her a new toy. Yesterday she brought her a spider, she's been carrying that around and throwing it around all day.

Penny's Nathan bought a new car on Saturday, they are donating the old one to the humane society. They take old cars, fix them up and send them to the auction. He knew he wouldn't get anything for a trade in so either today or tomorrow someone is coming to take the old car. After they sell it or whatever they do with it they will give him a receipt to claim a contribution for his taxes. Its an 05 toyota so isn't worth much but whatever they get for it is more than they had.

Who is Penny?

The only reason a person would actl ike thati s if she wanted to breed Sandy's kittens.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Sandy is having kittens? Awwwww that must be cute

Definitely spaying Sandy is the way to go because you are a responsible pet person. Way too many animals are killed each and every day due to pet overpopulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Who is Penny?

The only reason a person would actl ike thati s if she wanted to breed Sandy's kittens.
    Penny is my youngest daughter. By the way her boxer is spayed and her cat is a rescue, also spayed

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Sandy is having kittens? Awwwww that must be cute
    Sandy is NOT having kittens and never will

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Definitely spaying Sandy is the way to go because you are a responsible pet person. Way too many animals are killed each and every day due to pet overpopulation.
    my animals are all spayed and microchipped, Sandy will NEVER have kittens, she will be spayed and microchipped March 2

Good for you linda!! I agree completely.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    You can say that again. In fact I would not have objected to getting her spayed earlier if Linda's vet wanted to because four-month old kittens can go into heat.

Now if only all cat lovers who don't breed for show had half a brain . . .

my siamese came into heat at 4 months old and I had her spayed two days later.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    My Siamese came into heat at 4 months old and I had her spayed two days later.
    Wow, nice vet to be able to do it on short notice. One of the things that annoys me is people think queens don't go into heat before they are old enough to have surgery. If that was true, animal shelters nationwide would not routinely spay and neuter kittens under age four months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.