Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

People want my Sandy

I don't think shelters should spay kittens when they are two pounds. I am not a fan of early spay and neuter, I want to let them grow up some, they need those hormones or they wouldn't have them. I understand why the shelters do it but I don't agree with it. I don't agree with spaying dogs early either, I don't do my females until they have been in heat twice and at least 18 months old. I want them both physically and mentally mature.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I don't think shelters should spay kittens when they are two pounds. I am not a fan of early spay and neuter, I want to let them grow up some, they need those hormones or they wouldn't have them. I understand why the shelters do it but I don't agree with it. I don't agree with spaying dogs early either, I don't do my females until they have been in heat twice and at least 18 months old. I want them both physically and mentally mature.
    I don't mean spay kittens that weigh under three pounds. The problem is people don't realize how early queens can get pregnant. They think it will be okay if they wait until the kitten is 6 months old, only to see her go into heat at age 4 months, and say the vet told them to wait longer. I think if a queen is old enough to go into heat, she is old enough to be spayed, depending on her weight.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

not necessarily, being with a male cat, neutered or not can speed up them coming into heat.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    not necessarily, being with a male cat, neutered or not can speed up them coming into heat.
    Interesting. That could explain why Nanny went into heat early if you already had Orri.

I didn't have Orri then, I had another male, neutered bengal, I got Nanny for him because if I left him alone he'd pull out his hair, vet said it was stress and to get him a kitten so I got Nanny

Awww, poor kitty. What was his name?

I got him when my son was about 5, he loved watching transformers, the cat changed into a cheetah so he named him cheetor. I lost him to cancer when he was 12

I don't know anything about Transformers. Twelve not what I would call an old cat.

he wasn't that old but cancer strikes all ages. He had an inoperable tumor in his chest and was having a hard time to breathe and I wouldn't let him suffer. It broke my heart but I had to do what I felt was right for him, he would have died on his own but he was opening his mouth to breathe and I didn't want that for him.

Yoiu made the right decision Linda.

I know I did but it still hurt to loose him. I was holding him when he passed, he looked up at me and his eyes turned black and I knew he was gone.

Sorry Linda, I know it still hurts to think about your baby....hugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.