Would you buy a dog turd detector? Here me out please.

Would you buy a dog turd detector? Here me out please.

How many times have you stood outside making sure your dog pooped?
    Could you save time and be less frustrated by a simple electronic system that alerted you when the deed was done.
    Please share your thoughts and how much would you pay?
    Thank you very much!

I would not be interested, my dogs have always been taught to go on command.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

No I wouldn't be interested either, owners should be more involved and in tune with their pets and their pet's health and not depend on electronic systems. I wouldn't pay a penny.

You can easily see dog poop. If your nose is good enough, you might be able to smell it too. How could you not know if your dog pooped?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Sorry y'all more clarification. This system would allow you to let your dog out in the yard, while you get ready for work, then you would be alerted anywhere in house that your dog did it's business. You don't have to stand there and wait on a turd. The goal is to free up your time, then you know when they are done. Thks much

If you don't have a few minutes to take your dog out, you are too busy to have a dog. I understand dogs often need to go out when their people have other urgent matters to take care of. However, just letting the dog go out through its own little door has the negative effect of urine and feces not being cleaned up immediately, which in many places is a law or rule. So the benefit of your idea is actually to let people know they need to go out and clean it up - and, therefore, will not solve the problem with a dog parent being too busy.

If you are thinking about possible health issues such as constipation, not eating enough to create feces, etc. it could be something you sell to veterinary practices for dog parents to rent if colorectal conditions develop.

I'd be interested to know how an electronic turd detection system would work. Details?

Are you kidding? I wouldn't buy just one- I'd buy a ten-pack and give them to all my friends and family for Christmas. This will be a godsend. Soon we will wonder how we ever got by without it.

Question, please: Can the device be fitted to people?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    Are you kidding? I wouldn't buy just one- I'd buy a ten-pack and give them to all my friends and family for Christmas. This will be a godsend. Soon we will wonder how we ever got by without it.

Question, please: Can they be fitted to people?
    LOL Are you the one kidding us?

Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post
    I'd be interested to know how an electronic turd detection system would work.
    Does it really matter? Don't look a gift horse in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrod.killian View Post
    You will be alerted anywhere in the house that your dog did it's business.
    This may be too much to ask, but I'm hoping it will be a loud, wet, gassy, explosive sound that comes out of my phone.

Wait, can there be a special, separate ring in case of diarrhea? Maybe like the main sound, but wetter and runnier.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 02-08-2018 at 03:19 AM.

I certainly would not want to hear a loud alarm anywhere in the condo that my dog pooped. It also could scare some cats. It should have a volume control and sound options for people with different hearing ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    Does it really matter? Don't look a gift horse in the rear.

This may be too much to ask, but I'm hoping it will be a loud, wet, gassy, explosive sound that comes out of my phone.

Wait, can there be a special, separate ring in case of diarrhea? Maybe like the main sound, but wetter and runnier.
    Yeah it matters, I wanted to see the OP give a description of hilariously named "turd detector" and how it works.

Looks like he got scared off.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.