Is this normal?

Is this normal?

My dog has been pregnant before a long time ago. I didn't really pay much attention to her behavior changing so I can't really recall anything that might give us a clue as to if she's pregnant or not as I've heard dogs behavior changes when they are. But my dog has been acting more clingy, panting heavily, and more excited than she's usually been.

I looked online to get an idea of what could be going on with her and most answers pointed to pregnancy, so I checked her nipples and sure enough she's producing milk. But the strange thing is, her belly hasn't grown any. She eats normally, and sometimes leaves extra in her bowl to which she'll eventually eat later, but she doesn't look pregnant. I've tried feeling her tummy but couldn't feel a thing. And I do remember one of our neighbors male dogs spending time around her while we let her out to use the bathroom, and I'm positive he hadn't been neutered.

A little background on her:
    I'm not sure of her exact age or breed, as we had gotten her as a rescue, but she was fully grown (she's about medium sized?) And we've had her for 6 years. She's had puppies before once while she was living with us and once (that I know of) while she was living in her previous home. (Thankfully those puppies were found great homes!).

I understand how irresponsible it is of me to not have had her spayed after having her this long and even more so not supervising her myself when she was out with my neighbors dogs.
    My question is, is it normal for her to show symptoms such as milking before actually growing her belly out? Is it possible at least? Are there any other issues we should be worried about? We're going to take her to the vet Monday but I wanted to see if anybody else has had this experience or if I should be worried?

Could be a false pregnancy, or very small litter. A vet can tell you more. A false pregnancy acts just like a real pregnancy up to and including making milk. When was she is heat and the male dog hanging around? If you can pinpoint the date she got pregnant take it from there and if she isn't pregnant have her spayed ASAP
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I'm not sure when she was in heat as she didn't really show any noticeable signs like before she used to start spotting blood but I do remember her taking my pillows off the couch and bringing them into my bedroom and um.. mounting them. And that started about a month ago and she still sometimes does it. But she's been spotted around the male dog multiple times since my neighbors got him, including two or three times that I know of within the past month.
    I'm kind of hoping it's a false pregnancy and we can get her spayed because I believe she's getting too old to have anymore puppies.
    But we will find out Monday, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't too abnormal and they weren't signs of any other problems I should look into. Thank you so much!

false pregnancies are not that uncommon. I've heard of dogs actually like going into labor, where there is no puppy they will take something like a sock and carry it around, that is their surrogate pup. Its some kind of a hormone imbalance. Or if she is pregnant its probably a very small litter, maybe one or two pups. if her belly feels hard she is probably pregnant even though you don't detect movement. Only way to know how many pups there are is an ultrasound. Dogs don't actually carry pups in the uterus, the carry them around the uterus called the horn. Please let us know how you make out after she sees the vet. By the way if she is pregnant she would give birth roughly 63 days after she's been bred. If she mated with more than one dog the pups would have different fathers. All depends on how many "ripe" eggs were fertilized at one time. They can only be bred usually around the 12th 13th 14th day of her heat cycle. When the color turns from red to almost clear that is the only fertile time.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Okay so we took her to the vet but they said they don't do ultrasounds, they do x-rays and I have to come in early in the morning which isn't possible on weekdays as I work first shift and don't get off until 3 pm, so I'm going to have my mom bring her by sometime this week when she is able to.
    Is there anything in particular I should know about x-rays compared to an ultrasound? Is it safe and does it show the same things an ultrasound might show?

x rays don't show soft tissue, so all you'll see are little puppy skeletons if there are pups. Otherwise no difference

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.