Blister like wound?

Blister like wound?

Hello, last night i noticed a blister like wound on my boys inner thigh. Yesterday it was much worst than picture attached. I put on some neosporin last night (the only thing i had handy) and today i bought antiseptic, povidone-iodine.
    Not sure how he got this wound, the only thing we are guessing is that since his been using a soft recovery cone, he might of irritated his thigh with it by trying to reach for his neutered incision.

Any idea what this could be? or why?
    Any tips and suggested would help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think it was the cone, it would not have been a perfectly round wound, more jaggered looking if it was that. The neosporin is ok if you have nothing else but I suggest bag balm or colloidal silver. Bag balm will keep it soft and it won't get crusty, colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic so will kill any germs it comes in contact with
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

@linda2147: His always been very sensitive with his pinkish skin. His been to the vet more than i have been to the doctor
    bag balm? isn't that skin moisturizer?
    Not sure how he got it, thats what is getting to me.
    Thanks

Coconut oil is gentle to put on it, not sure how he got it though.

bag balm is kind of the go to for any skin problems, chapped skin, cuts and cracks in skin ect. We used it on cows then people started using it for themselves and now its even sold in drug stores
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I'm not sure what would have caused that either. Whenever my cat had a wound my vet suggested to clean it with betadine (1 part betadine to 10 parts water), then dab tiny amount of peroxide and cover it with neosporin. You want to watch for signs of infection and contact your vet's office if it gets worse instead of better. What's his name?
    Last edited by Esme; 02-16-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Personally, I won't use Bag Balm on my pets. I had a sensitive rash that I used it on and it stung like the dickens. I don't think there's menthol in it, but that what it felt like. I still have the opened jar on my shelf, I should just throw it out.

It looks like a "hot spot" to me. My first dog was a Golden Retriever and he used to get them sometimes. The vet always gave us a spray medicine that we would spray on it daily and always cleared them right up.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.