cat book

Post cat book

As some of you know, I will spend the next 15 months writing an ebook about the many reasons most adopted cats should stay indoors at all times. The Cat's Danger Zone: Outside Your Walls by Emily May Wilcha (not my real name) is finally a work in progress. As I work on each chapter I will post website links to the corresponding topic. The project has officially kicked off.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

That's so awesome and a great topic!

Thank you. I know it is hard for many people to accept the fact that only inside the home is safe from all the possible dangers outside. Of course for the purpose of this book, I am not counting enclosures as being outside.

You're welcome!

This project is long overdue. The reasons I put it off so long were I never had formal training or schooling to get a job working with animals and I can't bind paper at home or pay to have it done. Thank God for Google.

That's great! When I had a cat as a child the cat was indoor/outdoors but as I got older I kept my cats indoors only. It's very true that there are too many dangers outside!

Did you change your mind because of a bad experience or just read all about how dangerous the world without walls is?

The cat I had as a child died from natural causes but probably would have lived longer if I kept him indoors. I've watched too many tv shows and read too many news articles to know that animals should stay indoors. Much safer!

That's Great

Reading animal crurelty cases from last year makes me want to find story update articles. Was the criminal charged and convicted? Did the animal control officers find out who did it? Etcetera.

I found an interesting problem most people don't think about: Nobody will know if a cat who pees and poops in the garden needs to see the vet. So even if you let the cat goes outside, it MUST be litterbox trained!

I finally started reading Cat Wars: The Devastation of a Cuddly Killer. The first chapter briefly explains some bird species could not fly because staying on islands where they had no natural predators was a better way for them to survive than flying from one island to another. Of course, that was before they were introduced to cats.

if you want to read updates on abuse cases go to this site pet-abuse.com This gives names, offenses and sometimes outcome of the cases. It was originally made for shelters and rescues to check people out that wanted to adopt.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Nice try, but the website is unavailable indefinitely.

The website was a great idea. This week I read someone adopted a cat just to kill it.

After reading how one cat, her kittens, and their kittens eradicated a tiny bird species in New Zealand, possibly in one year, I wonder if TNR would have prevented extinctionv of some endangered birds. How many birds can one spayed cat kill?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.