Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member - Happy to join other Furry Baby parents and care givers!

Smile New Member - Happy to join other Furry Baby parents and care givers!

Greetings everyone!
    I'm happy to have found your forum!
    Our furry family consists of one precious, loving, super smart Corgi-Doxy girl, "Ms. Diva' (14 yrs.)
    who has been fighting cancer for the past 1.5 year....and SHE"S winning!

Amazing fighting spirit, I learn from her every day!

The other members of our furry family are our precious 'felines'! And there are "A FEW"...never imagined I would be a 'Cat Lady',
    but 8 years ago our normal 4 kitty family tripled after I rescued a precious Calico kitty (5 months) from our well meaning,
    but elderly neighbor that was not caring for her and her kittens. Ms. Mimi had two litters by the time I took her in.
    So HERE we are...wouldn't change one moment of the time they joined our family.
    All fixed, tipped, tagged and so loving and beautiful!

We have a blend of mostly Tuxedos, 1 Yellow Tabby, 2 Russian Greys, 2 Dark Calicos and 2 Grey Tabbies.

My professional work is rather unique.....and I've learned SO much about conflict management from my kitties...definite inspiration for one of my books!
    I look forward to sharing and receiving advice from other pet families!

Glad you joined the forum.

Welcome to the forum. I have a german shepherd and three cats. Two bengals and a siamese. One bengal is the traditional brown spotted and this year for Christmas my daughter surprised me with a little snow leopard bengal kitten. The siamese is a lilac point, she is not a purebred, she is a rescue. You can see my furry family in my album.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Welcome Crystina, glad to hear Ms. Diva is doing okay with her cancer.

Thank you for joining the forum Crystina - and more importantly rescuing so many pets who needed a new home. We look forward to helping you take better care of them than your neighbor did.

BTW my avatar is a one-year old shelter kitty named Daisy. I have had her since she was 6.5 months old.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

WELCOME! This is a great place to share information to help our furry family! I currently have 10 cats (all rescues) and they are my world.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    WELCOME! This is a great place to share information to help our furry family! I currently have 10 cats (all rescues) and they are my world.

Do you have any dogs?

Welcome aboard, so glad you've joined us here!

thank you everyone....I can feel the positive Karma from all!
    I have a question.....this coming week we are putting a new roof on our Miami home (tks to Irma)... suggestions please as to what I can give my kitties who will all be kept inside to keep them relatively calm.... organic of course! Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystinaWJ View Post
    thank you everyone....I can feel the positive Karma from all!
    I have a question.....this coming week we are putting a new roof on our Miami home (tks to Irma)... suggestions please as to what I can give my kitties who will all be kept inside to keep them relatively calm.... organic of course! Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
    You can get more answers to that question in the Cats forum, but thanks for wanting to keep all of your kitties inside.

your vet can probably give you something to keep the cats calm and be sure they are microchipped in case they get scared and manage to get out the door and run away and get lost.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Linda has a good suggestion. My cat came with a microchip because of shelter rules.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    You can get more answers to that question in the Cats forum, but thanks for wanting to keep all of your kitties inside.
    thank you will do! Our home is quite secure for them...and I know all their hiding places

She had suggested 'Rescue" which I get from Wholefoods....but wanted to know if there's something else. I love the microchip idea....unfortunately there's too many of them...but our home is quite large and secure and I'm familiar with their hiding places since we 'created safe' spaces for them.... thank you so much for your concern! I'll post updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.