Old dog bed

Old dog bed

I had a dog, who was my everything and I loved him very much and even 5 years later grieve for him almost daily. I have been cleaning and clearing out old stuff I don't need anymore, pretty much throwing everything away. I came across his old dog bed, it is a wooden one and is very cute, I will not throw it out or give it away. I don't even want my other dogs to use it... however, I don't want to just keep it stuffed up in the closet. I was hoping to "repurpose" it. I don't want to take it apart at all and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I could use it for... the only thing I can think of is to put some lacquer on it and put some potted plants in it. It's not very big, just big enough for a 12 lb dog. Any other ideas would be welcomed!
    Thank you

That's a lovely idea! You could even paint your dog's name on it as an in memory of.

Plants symbolize continuation of life. That is why some people plant trees over graves instead of put engraved stones on them.

Can you post a picture of the bed?
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

How do I attach a picture in a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by tressi85 View Post
    How do I attach a picture in a thread?
    Here are the instructions, found in the Forum Support section here. http://www.petforums.com/showthread....r-Create-Album

Here is the bed...I put the DVD inside in the last picture so you could see the size. I didn't want to go find my tape measure haha! The pictures are from the front, side and top. It has the little paw prints all over! It has little teeth marks all around the edges, for some reason his bed and my niece's pacifier were the only things he ever chewed on. The pad from the inside is long gone...he wouldn't sleep in it if that pad was in there, he preferred an old towel, although he was usually sleeping in my bed, but occasionally didn't want to snuggle.

Lenny's bed 1.jpgLenny's bed 2.jpgLenny's bed 3.jpg

It is very cute. Shame about the teeth marks on it. Looks like you can put four DVDs on the bottom. Where did you get it?

Sometimes dogs make no sense. You would think all of the little ones like having cushions in their beds.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

I think it's adorable! I would definitely use it as a planter, and you can have a plant that trails down to cover the chew marks. Super cute bed and idea!

At the time I didn't like him chewing on it but never scolded him, it was his bed after all... but now they're a reminder of my little buddy and I love them, so I'm not worried about hiding them

Very nice bed. Sorry about your loss.

Thank you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.