New clicker

New clicker

I just got a new clicker and it's my first time having one. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to clicker train your dog?

Thanks.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

My tip is to be consistent. If you are going to use a clicker to train your dog, you have to be very consistent. First step for accustoming your dog to the clicker is to sit down with him/her with about 10 treats and the clicker, and click the clicker then immediately feed your dog a treat. If this goes well, then after a week or less your dog will respond to the clicking sound, knowing that they will get a treat. Then after that, you can start training with the clicker. If you are teaching your dog sit, for example, take a treat and and put it right above his/her head until she sits. Then click as soon as his/her butt hits the floor, and give him/her the treat. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MyDogIsAManiac; 02-24-2018 at 10:50 AM. Reason: need to add something

Thank you MyDog!!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Furballs&dogbones View Post
    Thank you MyDog!!
    No Problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.