News Flash: Members' Misc. News

News Flash: Members' Misc. News

I found a craftsman to build a partition to divide the yard, so that Benny and Joey can take turns having their own off leash free yard time again. YIPPEE!!! Ever since Sugar arrived in a burst of drama, Benny and Joey have had to become strictly indoor dogs except for their two daily walks and their potty breaks. It's been quite a few months now, and although they have been surprisingly cooperative, everyone will breathe a sigh relief when they can each have some free roaming time outside in the yard again. The craftsman lives in my neighborhood. I passed and noticed his own very nicely done yard work, and it turns out he himself has already built his own partition for his dog like the one to be built here, so I have seen it and know he can do a good job. And he's not asking a high price.

Well, a thousand things could still go wrong and there may be setbacks yet to come, but I'm so relieved that this necessary project is finally getting off the ground. We are planning to buy materials this Saturday March 3, do the first half of construction on Saturday March 10, and finish the other half of construction on Saturday March 24.

That's great DFO! What happened with Sugar?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

He got on the wrong side of some people and needed a miracle. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I was in the right place at the right time. There are times when you can choose, and there are others when you are chosen.

Robin Williams in The Fisher King: "They said, you're the one."

Jeff Bridges: "I'm the one... what..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    I found a craftsman to build a partition to divide the yard, so that Benny and Joey can take turns having their own off leash free yard time again. YIPPEE!!! Ever since Sugar arrived in a burst of drama, Benny and Joey have had to become strictly indoor dogs except for their two daily walks and their potty breaks. It's been quite a few months now, and although they have been surprisingly cooperative, everyone will breathe a sigh relief when they can each have some free roaming time outside in the yard again. The craftsman lives in my neighborhood. I passed and noticed his own very nicely done yard work, and it turns out he himself has already built his own partition for his dog like the one to be built here, so I have seen it and know he can do a good job. And he's not asking a high price.

Well, a thousand things could still go wrong and there may be setbacks yet to come, but I'm so relieved that this necessary project is finally getting off the ground. We are planning to buy materials this Saturday March 3, do the first half of construction on Saturday March 10, and finish the other half of construction on Saturday March 24.
    That's wonderful DogForce, Benny and Joey will be able to safely be outside again. Happy to hear this good news, and hope you have no major setbacks with the project.

So Sugar was with bad people and you rescued him?

The newly completed partition:

There were a couple delays- first some bad weather, and then a traffic accident (the craftsman, not me- he's okay now), but it seems to have turned out well. It's 1.5 meters high- should be plenty, even for big Sugar- and about 2 meters long. The whole thing is a gate, and it can be opened conveniently. My phone cam isn't very good, so the color in this photo is off. It's actually a darker yet more glowing sea green than this. In real life, it's a fun, vibrant color.

Probably tomorrow when the last few things dry, Benny and Joey can take turns having yard time again, after very patiently being indoor dogs since Sugar arrived last September.

Hopefully the dogs will not tear the gate apart, but it seems pretty strong.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 04-14-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks for the update Dog Force, the gate looks very nice and sturdy, I bet Benny and Joey are happy pups again!

So glad to hear it's completed and it really looks amazing. I love the color...vibrant works well! ENJOY!

I finally finished reading Cat Wars: The Devastating Consequences of a Cuddly Killer by Peter Marra and Chris Santella. t was hard to read for several reasons, but a real eye opener with lots of very good information. It is very clear in Chapters 7 and 8 the authors are cat lovers who base their opinions on scientific facts without a hint of bias.

Now I can start using Post-It flags and copy text that is very useful for writing my book, The Cat's Danger Zone: Outside Your Wals. (Don't worry, I won't violate the copyright law.)
    Last edited by CatMom1994; 04-15-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: clarification

That's awesome, love the colorfulness!

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    So glad to hear it's completed and it really looks amazing. I love the color...vibrant works well! ENJOY!
    I like the color too Esme and Darkly, very happy and sunny!

Cool gate!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.