falsey accused of not picking up after dog

falsey accused of not picking up after dog

i have been taking my dog on two walks a day since about july, i do this since i dont have a fenced im yard and he’s a big dog and likes walks, ive been noticing someone isnt picking up after their dog because theres poop all over the neighborhood (you can tell its from a big dog)

i started to feel like my neighbors weres getting annoyed with me for walking him, i try to not inconvenience anyone or get in anyones way. i never allow him to poop on other people properties, he has only tried once and i stopped him, and this was months ago. today my mom came with me since she was off from work and a man who lives in my neighborhood came out and said he hopes we have bags with us to pick up after him.

i then said to him that it wasnt my dog thar had been doing it and he went on to say “you know you can be fined for that” i told him i did know that but it wasnt my dog. he got nasty with me and told me where his property began and ended (normally i never walk my dog on that side i only started because there is a huge hole forming on the other side of the street) i still barely go on his property at all and my dog rarely pees over there.

im not good with confrontation at all and have an anxiety disorder. walking my dog has been a huge step for me in that, (i know that this probably seems dumb to people without anxiety) it helps me to get out of the house and sometimes have small simple interactions with people. my mom talked to him and told him there are many people that dont live around here that walk their dogs through here and that it could be them. he also did tell me “they are going to blame that dog for it” and nodded toward my dog.

unfortunately i live on a dead end and the other streets are pretty busy so its not really like i can change the route i walk, but i also cant stop walking my dog because of other people. im just looking for some positive feedback and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. please no negativity!

Whether I walk my dog in the park or through the neighborhood, I always carry several bags in my pocket to clean up after him. You can't always stop them from going on someone's lawn or on the sidewalk, but you can always pick up.

I wouldn't worry about being accused, people are rightfully annoyed when dog feces are left on their lawns for them to see, smell or step in. So, you just should go about your business, make sure you do pick up after your dog, and people will notice that and leave you alone. Don't take it too personally, it's a big problem and that's why they started giving out fines to people. It's just a health hazard.

Only positive feedback is do what's right and nobody can complain, soon they will get to know you and your dog. Don't let one person ruin your day, and welcome to the forum!

if you think may get worse for you and someone does complain to the police get one step ahead of them, get some of the poop and have it DNA tested and keep the results, that way if they try to blame you and you have proof that is not your dog the DNA proof can work in your favor. Just a suggestion
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Welcome to the forum. What breed (or mix breed) dog do you have?

I also have an anxiety disorder, take to many things personally, and suck at responding to people who confront me. Know you are not alone here.

If you have plastic bags in your pockets, show them to the people who think your dog was the one who pooped in your yard. They will see you do clean up after your dog and did not need to use them.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks so much for your advice!

how do i go about dna testing it? would i got to my vet or? thanks for your advice

i have a bernese mountain dog he is my whole world and i love him so much, i hate to think anyone would want to blame him for anything you know. i was thinking that as well, just hoping no one confronts me at all anymore, i just want to walk my dog and not be bothered i have too many other things to worry about, would rather they work it out between themselves instead of dragging me into it. it would have been one thing to see my dog doing that then ssy something, but he never poops on peoples lawns to begin with! sorry im rambling now, but thanks so much for your advice! im sorry you also have an anxiety disorder, no one deserves to suffer with something like this.

you could ask your vet how to go about it, I know there are dna kits you can order probably on line, the kit would contain something to get a swab then you'd mail it to them and they would mail it back to you. But the easiest way would be if your vet would do it.

I found this site for you, you might want to check it out http://mrdogpoop.com/splash/index.html
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Linda, the swab in those kits is for rubbing the inside of the dog's cheek, not his poop.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

not always, they have kits to put a bit of poop in the tube or whatever and it has a solution in it and you shake it up and send it out. check out the link I sent him and scroll down to where it says dog poop dna

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    If you have plastic bags in your pockets, show them to the people who think your dog was the one who pooped in your yard. They will see you do clean up after your dog and did not need to use them.
    That's a good idea, always have bags and show them if needed.

WELCOME! This is a great place for support and advice so you are with people who love their animals just like you.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.