Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sandy was spayed

Sandy was spayed

Had to have her there for 8:15, had the pre surgery blood work done, she was spayed, microchiped and the hernia repaired and they gave her the dreaded rabies shot. They aren't keeping her overnight, I can go get her at 3:30 this afternoon. Orri is driving me nuts, he walking around crying, looking for her.

I took every precaution I could before the surgery, I know its a routine thing but still things can happen so I had everything done to spot any problem before it happened. I still remember a friend of mine had a great dane, brought him in to be neutered and he died during the procedure. I'd be devastated if anything happened to her. Just be glad when she gets home.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

ConCATulations, Sandy! I was thinking about her, but forgot she had a hernia.

OMG poor doggie. That is why I refused to have dental work done on a geriatric cat with CRF despite my vet's assurance it rarely happens. I would never forgive myself for doing it if she did not wake up.

Was it the one-year or three-year rabies vaccine?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

It's a worry anytime they're under anesthesia but it had to be done and she'll be fine. Poor Orri though missing his little sister so much.

one year, vet said it was a teeny tiny hernia, took about five minutes to clean and close, but she is refusing to wear the "hat" took it off in the car and twice more within five minutes. She was starving, they offered her food which she wouldn't eat but she ate when she got home. She's walking a bit stiff but otherwise she's fine, have two different pain meds for her, one is a tiny tablet once a day and the other is in syringe to take before bed.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Of course Sandy would not eat there. She was scared, in pain, and feeling "not right." Not to mention being in what kittens think is a bad place.

Orri must have been excited to see his little sister come home before realizing she was not in a mood to play with him.

right now she is sleeping behind the wood stove, he's in his rocking chair, its like he knows she isn't feeling good and not trying to get her to play

Your house must be ancient.

Cats are good at sensing when friends are not feeling well. It is pretty obvious to Orri if you can see her walking differently.

Poor kitty! I hope Orri does not miss her too much.

Thanks for the update Linda. It's good she's sleeping and Orri, Nanny & Phoenix will watch over her while she mends. I wish I had a wood stove because they really heat up the place nicely on this snowy night. No place like home

I'm glad she got through it okay, it is always a worry when they have to go under to be operated on. Hope she recovers quickly, and doesn't get too lively too fast, hugs for Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I'm glad she got through it okay, it is always a worry when they have to go under to be operated on. Hope she recovers quickly, and doesn't get too lively too fast, hugs for Sandy.
    You can forget about that. So far I have had three kittens and all of them were too playful soon after being spayed.

Glad Sandy's OK!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Are you making her wear the collar?

no she takes it off as soon as I put it on. I put colloidal silver on it, she doesn't bother it and it looks really good, actually its healing nicely and she isn't bothering it.

IMG_1242 (1).jpg

this is after using the silver one night

None of my three girls bothered their stitches. What is the colloidal silver for?

It looks like she has swelling at the incision site. So did Daisy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.