Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My dog only behaves on the leash when in familiar places.

Quote Originally Posted by rilywilliams View Post
    Great suggestion by linda. I lost my pet once good thing I attached my contact info with my dog. Gotta try the tracker and microchip. Which do you think is better?
    Yes I agree with linda that a tracker will be useless if the collar is not attached to the dog. But somehow the work or finding seems faster because you don't have to wait for someone to find and scan your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JustineBlake View Post
    Well you have the point Linda but why do they have to remove the collar?
    Any number of reasons, the dog could slip out of the collar, get it stuck on something and break, someone picks up the dog and wants to keep it, first thing they'd do is remove the collar. No way can the microchip get lost, its in the body. Any shelter or animal control would scan for the chip as its the first thing they'd do
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by rilywilliams View Post
    Great suggestion by linda. I lost my pet once good thing I attached my contact info with my dog. Gotta try the tracker and microchip. Which do you think is better?
    Microchip is really necessary, a tracker is optional.

Yeah I agree you do have a point linda. But for additional security, I'd attach a tracker to my dog. The search would be faster in case the dog's out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Any number of reasons, the dog could slip out of the collar, get it stuck on something and break, someone picks up the dog and wants to keep it, first thing they'd do is remove the collar. No way can the microchip get lost, its in the body. Any shelter or animal control would scan for the chip as its the first thing they'd do
    Yes I agree with you Linda, microchip is really the best.

a tracker is fine as long as the collar isn't removed, if someone wants to steal the dog first thing they'd do is remove the collar, but sooner or later the dog will show up someplace and chances are it would be scanned for a chip.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

a tracker is fine as long as the collar isn't removed, if someone wants to steal the dog first thing they'd do is remove the collar, but sooner or later the dog will show up someplace and chances are it would be scanned for a chip. I have all my animals chipped. You pay for the chip and a $20 activation fee which is a one time thing and the chip is activated for life. I then give the number to my vet and one to the town hall with the license and keep one myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.