How many puppys can a chihuahua have?

How many puppys can a chihuahua have?

From last 2 days, I am searching to learn how many puppies can a Chihuahua have but not getting accurate information.

Do you guys have any exact information?

no way to give you an exact number but the litter would be no more than 4. She is a small dog so she would not have large litters
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

The most they can have?

The more they have the more likely it is that some of them will die.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

I assume you can't find an answer because there isn't one. Pupplies can be stillborn. Sometimes a dog needs a C-section delivery, but there was no way to know this at home and her puppies don't make it because they can't get out. The mom will die too if this happens. I would expect this to be more likely in the smallest dogs.

Are you asking because your dog is pregnant? The vet can sedate her and do an ultrasound, but only an AKC breeder should ever opt to do this instead of get the dog spayed. It is safer to abort a pregnancy than wait for her puppies to be born.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Why bring more animals into this world? Shelters are overwhelmed and overpopulated. Too many animals also end up living on the streets in horrible conditions. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Why bring more animals into this world? Shelters are overwhelmed and overpopulated. Too many animals also end up living on the streets in horrible conditions. That's my opinion.
    That is a fact. I hope the OP rescued a pregnant dog and just needs to learn spaying is completely safe for dogs carrying puppies.

Often there's no more than 2 in a litter. I'm curious too, why do you want to know?

It is hard to say how many puppies. But I guess linda and the others said the right thing!

Hmmm, maybe we scared Willie off by telling him the turth. He has not returned to the thread.

Yetidog, I agree with everyone. The chances of puppies dying is obviously greater if they are born because most of them end up in shelters. Even just two puppies are too many contributions to overcrowding situations.

Looks like it CatMom.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Yes it looks like it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.