Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for the perfect breed

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    You know that. I know that. How many other people have to be convinced they are wrong?
    I completely agree - most people know personalities vary from dog to dog and aggression is the result of bad/aggressive ownership but it's so stigmatic around the breed that it's hard to change this stigma at a meso or macro level or societal perspective.

My little fox terrier got banned from our primary school because the kids used to bark in his face and one day he bit one of their noses - a defence mechanism but none the less, as owners, we should've worked closer with him although we he is mostly blind now, so at the time he may have not been able to see the boy until he was right in his face

you can't fix stupid, they have their mind set and they aren't going to change it. To bad we can't ban certain people, the world would be a better place without them.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I never encourage strange people or children to interact with my dogs, you never know what will trigger a bite and its a risk I won't take. A lot of the bigger dogs don't like something that is eye level with them,the size of a toddler, they take it as a challenge and for the most part dogs that aren't brought up with kids don't like them. One day my daughter had one of her bulldogs at the vets, they were just sitting there waiting to go it, a woman came in with a little girl and the kid ran up to the dog, grabbed his cheeks and kissed him on the nose, the dog was harmless and he didn't react but had it been another dog the kid would have gotten a bite on the face. She told the mother "you really shouldn't let the child do that to strange dogs" the mother said "I know, but she loves dogs"
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    you can't fix stupid, they have their mind set and they aren't going to change it. Too bad we can't ban certain people, the world would be a better place without them.
    LOL It is like some people can't be convinced dry food and declawing are bad for cats,

Unfortunately often some people can be banned, but decisions are made to let them keep being stupid. They obviously include pit bull haters, since laws exist to ban the breed or allow insurance companies to not cover them, etc.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.