Old pictures of my cats

Old pictures of my cats

I was looking through some old photos and haven't really shared much about my cats so thought I'd share a few now..

First up is Katie, she was a very shy and anxious cat and preferred to spend her time up in the bedrooms, but would occasionally come outside to smell the flowers and roll around on the grass. She had an odd habit of jumping onto peoples backs when she was in a high place, I think she liked being lowered down lol. She loved to curl up under the blanket with me, I really slept without her in my bed.

This is Jake, when we got him he was the largest kitten in his litter, towering over his siblings. He was an incredibly vocal and affectionate cat, and loved to sit on my lap. He was very fit in his old age and got to 21 before suddenly passing away. He was an extremely tolerant cat and didn't bat an eye when we got our second cat Magik, or Marley the dog. I do miss him a lot!

Feel free to visit my website for information on Reptilian Care
    https://reptile-savvy.weebly.com/

Lastly is Magik, who is still with us. He's a very boisterous cat that likes to play and often grabs my heals when I'm not looking. He was a pretty quite cat until Jake passed away, after that he was more vocal and affectionate. He likes to join us when we walk the dog, and is strangely affectionate and hostile at the same time. He seems to like the company but won't often sit on your lap or let you stroke him for long (he bites when he's had enough but will also lick you).

Beautiful cats! Thanks so much for posting their pictures and telling us more about them. I'm sorry you lost Jake, but it's good that he lived a long life in a loving home.

Nice pics!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Pretty pics of your cats! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments

I was looking through my shots on photobucket too and found a very rare shot of all three of them together! Katie hated other cats even though the other two weren't fussed about her, so she tended to stay upstairs out of the way.

When we got Marley it didn't stop Jake from staying in my company, even if the dog was there too lol.

This was a typical morning for me...

Sweet photos...were your cats indoor/outdoor? Mine are indoor only as too many horrible things out between nature and people...it's just not safe. But I realize not everyone feels like I do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Sweet photos...were your cats indoor/outdoor? Mine are indoor only as too many horrible things out between nature and people...it's just not safe. But I realize not everyone feels like I do about that.
    You can never say that enougjh. It is not safe for the cats, people, or wildlife and I am currently reading a book about that.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

I’ve already given my opinion on another thread and have already explained my personal circumstances to that subject. My elderly cats lived past 20, Jake was still climbing 6 foot tall fences at this age and never really slowed down because of the ample opportunity he had to excercise. In my specific area there are very minimal risks, additionally it is quite common here in the UK to allow your cat with outside access, it is not controversial but does require assessment on the part of the owner. Please don’t use my thread to push personal agenda’s, I’m here to share images and stories of my long-lived, very healthy pets. Discussion of ethical topics belongs in its own thread, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat001 View Post
    I’ve already given my opinion on another thread and have already explained my personal circumstances to that subject. My elderly cats lived past 20, Jake was still climbing 6 foot tall fences at this age and never really slowed down because of the ample opportunity he had to excercise. In my specific area there are very minimal risks, additionally it is quite common here in the UK to allow your cat with outside access, it is not controversial but does require assessment on the part of the owner. Please don’t use my thread to push personal agendas. I’m here to share images and stories of my long-lived, very healthy pets. Discussion of ethical topics belongs in its own thread, Thanks.
    I remember all that. We can agree to disagree.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Enjoying your photos Cat001.

Very cute cats!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.