Sunny's foot: Have you ever seen this on a dog?

Sunny's foot: Have you ever seen this on a dog?

Hi, have you ever seen anything like this? A few days ago I noticed it on Sunny's foot. It's a little smaller than a dime (less than 1/2 inch). It is not soft or balloon like. It's firm. There is no blood. Sometimes she licks it, but just briefly and not obsessively. When I touch it or push on it, there doesn't seem to be any pain. It's on the part of her foot where she sits, but not where she walks. She is behaving normally in all activities. Any experiences with something looking like this? Thanks.

No DogForce, I haven't seen anything like that. When I first opened the thread, hotspot came into my head, but since it's a lump and now that I look more, that's not it at all, also she's not licking and biting at it. Are there any tiny pinholes in it, like from a bee or wasp sting? Although, that would be really painful and you say she doesn't mind when you put pressure on it.

I have no idea, and I wouldn't even take a guess at some type of tumor, because there are many out there, some benign and some cancerous. I really do hope it's nothing serious, and I imagine the only way to know for sure would be a needle biopsy for a start. Sorry I'm no help here.

I never hard of it. But If you posed a pic I can't see it.

Thank you for looking at it. Yeah, I was wondering about an insect bite, too, but there doesn't seem to be any dot marking a bite. Well, Sunny's next vet visit isn't scheduled until three weeks from today. For now I will just hold off and observe. Since I just noticed it, the vet may well recommend some observation time anyway. And though I haven't seen this particular thing before, other weirdnesses have occasionally come and gone over the years with one dog or another. Maybe more strange things tend to happen in the tropics with the greater biodiversity, I don't know. But everything before has just passed by. If there is a change for the worst, I will bring Sunny in early. Otherwise I will wait to show it to the vet on her regular visit. Chances are it's nothing to worry about.

Yetidog, you can't see the two pics in the original post?

I can see the photos easily, and they're not large at all. Yeti, maybe you should try another browser? I'm using Firefox now and also Internet Explorer.

Sorry about Sunny's wound and I'm not sure what it can be either. Keeping an eye on him and making sure it doesn't get infected is the way to go. Hope he heals quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    Thank you for looking at it. Yeah, I was wondering about an insect bite, too, but there doesn't seem to be any dot marking a bite. Well, Sunny's next vet visit isn't scheduled until three weeks from today. For now I will just hold off and observe. Since I just noticed it, the vet may well recommend some observation time anyway. And though I haven't seen this particular thing before, other weirdnesses have occasionally come and gone over the years with one dog or another. Maybe more strange things tend to happen in the tropics with the greater biodiversity, I don't know. But everything before has just passed by. If there is a change for the worst, I will bring Sunny in early. Otherwise I will wait to show it to the vet on her regular visit. Chances are it's nothing to worry about.

Yetidog, you can't see the two pics in the original post?

No I can't see them.

I can't either.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.