Dog training collar?

Lightbulb Dog training collar?

Hello, I'm looking for a training collar for my Husky with certain functions but I'm not sure if it even exists. I've been looking everywhere but can't find a training collar with the functions that I desire. So I'm hoping that someone here may know of one. So here are the functions that I'm looking for.

-Smartphone app enabled where I can set a virtual fence around my backyard so when my Husky starts to get close to that virtual fence she gets a pet safe static shock (or whatever training collars do). I would also like to get a notification on my phone if she still manages to get past the virtual fence and ignores the shock.

-Also, if I'm outside with her in the front yard off-leash or anywhere for that mattter, I would like to set a function through the app that allows me to set a certain distance to when she gets too far away from me it will activate the training collar.

These are the two main functions I'm looking for in a pet training collar. So if someone knows of a training collar that does this please let me know. Thank you.

you don't need a shock collar to train your dog. Train her/him to come when called and an underground fence is not always a good idea either, it doesn't stop other dogs or anything else to come in the yard and even with a collar on if she really wants to go the fence won't stop her but it will stop her from coming back in because she knows if she crosses the line she'll get a zap.

Train your dog to come when called and don't leave her outside unattended at any time. People steal unattended dogs, she could be poisoned or tortured. Keep her inside when you aren't home, keep her safe, a collar isn't going to do that.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    you don't need a shock collar to train your dog. Train her/him to come when called and an underground fence is not always a good idea either, it doesn't stop other dogs or anything else to come in the yard and even with a collar on if she really wants to go the fence won't stop her but it will stop her from coming back in because she knows if she crosses the line she'll get a zap.

Train your dog to come when called and don't leave her outside unattended at any time. People steal unattended dogs, she could be poisoned or tortured. Keep her inside when you aren't home, keep her safe, a collar isn't going to do that.
    People train their dogs in different ways, I need a shock collar because she jumps the rock wall that's currently around my backyard. I never said anything about an underground fence, whatever that means. I said a virtual fence, or a geofence.

Also, I never said that I leave her unattended in the front yard. I want to be able to be with her in the front yard off-leash without her bolting off. I'll leave her in the backyard to go potty for like 10 mins and when I come back to check on her she'll already be gone and I'll have no idea where she went until i get a call that someone has her.

I usually go outside and wait for her to go then bring her back in, but in the events that I can't I need some reassurance that she won't jump the wall.

your dog, do what you want.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

No animal behaviorist would EVER recommend a shock collar for training purposes. That just scares the dog. Invisible fence manufacturers always instruct their customers to also have visible barriers where it is installed, which makes perfect sense. To actually be useful, an invisible fence needs to be in the backyard, where you have a real fence. By underground fence, Linda was referring to invisible fences that activate shock collars. How is that different from a virtual fence?

Plain and simple, you NEVER leave your dog alone outside for ANY reason. If shes needs to poop, she needs to poop in front of you. It is your job to clean up the mess anyway.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

If shock collars only scare dogs, they are inhumane. Training tools exist to teach dogs how to behave without resorting to drastic means like putting electrical shocks through a dog's neck.

Sometimes a shock collar is needed.. It depends on the behavior. Just make sure the dog is only very mildly shocked. The dog should not bark and run away when shock. Only a slight yip if anything at all. Ideally they instantly stop the behavior and aren't stressed.

I always urge against them because of their overuse nowadays, but it can be done safely.

I agree that a shock collar is not a very good idea. Chances are a mild shock will not deter your dog, especially if your dog gets used to getting zapped a couple of times. Old fashioned training is much more effective and reliable but it takes time and patience.

I think if your dog needs a shock collar, you are not spending enough time with it.

It is kind of hot debate among the dog owners about this topic, I mean the static shock collar issue. There is always pro and cons and also negative/positive side of the collar.

Some people really need to do that to avoid the dog barks too much after trying a lot of methods to deal with the situation. It is not intended to punish the dog, sometimes randomly in the middle of the night, the dog barks very loudly without no reason (maybe see something) and then the dog will disturb the neighbour. A very small little discipline could help. (after having some training)

In the end, you know your dog better, it really depends on the certain situation and the background of the dog.

Shock collars aren't very effective as far as I know. There are far better ways to train your dog, like positive reinforcement.

Your right Mypup! I would never use a shock collar on any dog. It dosen't help much, training your dog is much better. NO shock collars in my back yard!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.